Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adunk
Reel Rookie

Soundbar announcing power on and off

How do I turn off the speaker loudly announcing “hdmi power on” every time I turn on the tv? It’s not the audio talk back feature.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Soundbar announcing power on and off

Is this a Onn Roku-Ready Soundbar? That is not a true Roku, it will only work with Roku tv remote, that feature is all Onn, not Roku. No Roku does that even true Roku soundbar & streambars have that feature. Check your onn manual.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Adunk
Reel Rookie

No, it’s a TCL Alto soundbar hooked up to a TCL Roku TV via HDMI ACR.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Ok, same thing, this is not Roku problem, its TCL Soundbar problem. Being Roku-ready is only convenient to have one remote, nothing else. Again, check your TCL manual. No Roku announces its going OFF or ON. Even if it has a built-in speaker.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
heybeavis
Channel Surfer

If it was in the manual then they probably wouldn’t have posted. Thanks for a waste response- no help. Mine does the same **bleep**, seems like no one has a solution. 

0 Kudos
heybeavis
Channel Surfer

Did you ever find a solution? 

I have the same problem with my Onn ‘Roku-ready’ or **bleep**ing Roku or whatever soundbar. Seems like that’s 2-3 brands here all doing the same thing yet apparently they’re the problem and not the common denominator here LMAO 

0 Kudos
Adunk
Reel Rookie

Well, I learned it’s a feature of the sound bar, and there is no setting to turn it off. You can change the connection to an AV cable and it doesn’t do it anymore but that is because the sound bar never powers on and off and the sound quality is terrible. I just deal with it now. For the life of me, I don’t understand why it has to be so loud! Someday I’ll just invest in a better quality sound bar. 

0 Kudos
angfern
Reel Rookie

On the back of the ONN sound bar remote, it states:

"To Enable/Disable voice prompt: Press and hold + and - buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds". 

You will get a confirmation voice prompt that it is now off.

0 Kudos
heybeavis
Channel Surfer

Mine doesn’t have any instruction on the back, and I followed these steps and it didn’t work. Holding both volume buttons down only increases the volume, and I was very careful to do it exactly together. And tried multiple times. No voice confirmations at any point. 

0 Kudos