cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS77
Reel Rookie

Streambar Pro does not connect to HDMI eARC port

Jump to solution

My Streambar Pro will not connect or complete setup when connected to the HDMI eARC port. When I switch the TV to the eARC port, it looks like it tries to connect, then goes back to showing No Input. Roku even sent me a replacement Streambar Pro and same issue. I have called Support multiple times, but no resolution. Any recommendations?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar Pro does not connect to HDMI eARC port

Jump to solution

Hello! @CS77,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about the issue of setting up your Roku Streambar Pro to the HDMI eARC port. We are happy to help.

• When did the issue start before you received the replacement?
  • Have you tried connecting your Roku Streambar Pro with another TV?

After connecting your Streambar or soundbar and powering it on, ensure that the correct input (the input to which your Streambar or soundbar is connected) is selected on your TV, and then proceed with the on-screen setup process.

Before you continue, make sure your Streambar or soundbar is ready by checking the following items:

• Is it plugged into a power outlet? Check if the status LED on the front is illuminated to make sure your streambar or soundbar is turned on. If it's not, ensure the power cable is firmly connected and that you're using a working wall outlet or extension cable.

• Is it connected to the HDMI port labeled ARC? For an easier setup and use of your Streambar or soundbar, we recommend using the HDMI port on your TV that is labeled ARC. This single connection sends both video from your Streambar or soundbar to your TV and audio from your TV and connected devices (like a Blu-ray™ player or game console) to your Streambar or soundbar. If you don't use the HDMI port labeled ARC, connect the provided optical cable to get audio from your TV and connect devices to your Streambar or soundbar.

• Note: When using an optical cable, be sure to remove the protective plastic cap from each end of the cable before inserting the connectors. Failing to do so may result in a faulty connection or damage to the cable or optical port.
  • Is ARC and CEC enabled on your TV? It is important to check the settings on your TV since CEC and ARC may be disabled by default. For help, review the detailed article describing how several popular TV brands enable ARC and CEC.

• Is your TV switched to the correct input? Make sure the input to which your Streambar or soundbar is connected is selected on your TV. After a moment, you should see the Roku logo on your TV screen, followed by an initial setup screen. Help is available if you do not see a video on your TV.

If you have questions about any of the steps described above, return to the initial portion of the setup article for your Streambar or soundbar to review additional details.

Please keep us posted on what you find out. We will be happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @CS77,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about the issue of setting up your Roku Streambar Pro to the HDMI eARC port. We are happy to help.

• When did the issue start before you received the replacement?
  • Have you tried connecting your Roku Streambar Pro with another TV?

After connecting your Streambar or soundbar and powering it on, ensure that the correct input (the input to which your Streambar or soundbar is connected) is selected on your TV, and then proceed with the on-screen setup process.

Before you continue, make sure your Streambar or soundbar is ready by checking the following items:

• Is it plugged into a power outlet? Check if the status LED on the front is illuminated to make sure your streambar or soundbar is turned on. If it's not, ensure the power cable is firmly connected and that you're using a working wall outlet or extension cable.

• Is it connected to the HDMI port labeled ARC? For an easier setup and use of your Streambar or soundbar, we recommend using the HDMI port on your TV that is labeled ARC. This single connection sends both video from your Streambar or soundbar to your TV and audio from your TV and connected devices (like a Blu-ray™ player or game console) to your Streambar or soundbar. If you don't use the HDMI port labeled ARC, connect the provided optical cable to get audio from your TV and connect devices to your Streambar or soundbar.

• Note: When using an optical cable, be sure to remove the protective plastic cap from each end of the cable before inserting the connectors. Failing to do so may result in a faulty connection or damage to the cable or optical port.
  • Is ARC and CEC enabled on your TV? It is important to check the settings on your TV since CEC and ARC may be disabled by default. For help, review the detailed article describing how several popular TV brands enable ARC and CEC.

• Is your TV switched to the correct input? Make sure the input to which your Streambar or soundbar is connected is selected on your TV. After a moment, you should see the Roku logo on your TV screen, followed by an initial setup screen. Help is available if you do not see a video on your TV.

If you have questions about any of the steps described above, return to the initial portion of the setup article for your Streambar or soundbar to review additional details.

Please keep us posted on what you find out. We will be happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CS77
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Arjiemar - 

Thank you for your reply!  The answer to all your recommendations is, yes I tried all that. The issue (switch to the HDMI port and it starts to connect then I get a 'No Signal Detected') started with the original StreamBar Pro and I reached out to Support, we tried all those steps that you provided, and ultimately they sent me a replacement unit. I even went out and purchased a newer TV, thinking my 2 year old Amazon Fire TV might be the issue, but I experienced the same problem with the new TV. The replacement unit experienced the exact same issue and I contacted Support for assistance with no resolution.

I was able to solve the problem on my own and here are the steps. I decided to try the StreamBar Pro on my older Insignia TV, which I did not even know had an HDMI ARC post, but it does. Once I got everything connected, I switched to the proper HDMI port and I could finally see the the Roku splash screen and start the setup, so that issue resolved. When it got to the point of testing the HDMI ARC, the Roku would keep not acknowledging the port even though I know that ARC was enabled. Finally, I unplugged everything (all Power and HDMI cables) and waited for 10 minutes. I plugged everything back in and started the Roku setup and Roku recognized the ARC port and I completed the setup. I unplugged the Roku and plugged it into the original TV and everything worked.

I spent many hours trying to resolve this. I can't be the only person having this problem. Please make certain that your Support team has all the information on how to troubleshoot a problem such as this, to ensure that customers have the best Roku experience. Yes, I understand the boilerplate responses should cover 75% of the problems, but the Support team needs to also have access to information on how to provide solutions to the remaining 25%. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.