Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dashe09
Reel Rookie

Sound does not turnoff when using Roku Streambar with Samsung TV

I've used a Roku Streambar  for the last couple of years on an old Panasonic and new Sony TV without any issues. I hooked up a Samsung TV to the Streambar and when I use the remote to turnoff the TV the sound stays on. What do I need to do to get both the sound and video to turnoff? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Sound does not turnoff when using Roku Streambar with Samsung TV

You can just press the Roku Home button to stop streaming before turning off the TV.  (If you press the home button after turning the TV off, then that will stop streaming as well, but might turn your TV back on, depending on your HDMI-CEC settings on both the Roku and the TV.)

It is interesting, that over the years I have heard people say that the Roku stays on or does not stay on when the TV goes off.  I don’t know if there is any catalog of which TVs in combination with which Roku models and/or OS versions behave which way.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.