Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jo6359

Re: Sound Distorted TCL TV

Jump to solution

I tried the leveling and the sound remains distorted. I have unplugged all devices and plugged it back in sound remains distorted. Occasionally it will work for a few minutes and then go to this weird Distortion. My television is less than 6 months old. I do not have the issue when I bring in my Sony TV and hook it up it is only with my TCL television

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We bought 2 of these tcl TV's, one got it family room and one for my office.  The office one had crackling sound for a day and then no sounds at all the next day.  The tv is not even a year old.

Today the family room TV started the same crackling sound, this tv is about a year and a half old.

**bleep** product.

0 Kudos
scooter4598
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

When you say you tried the leveling, did you turn it on or off?  It needs to be turned off.  Night mode should be off also.

0 Kudos
AB89

Jump to solution

Same problem too. I had to do a factory reset and it seems to fix it. I'll Update if anything changes. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Leveling was rather dramatic on mine since it's going SPDIF to a receiver and big speakers. I had no idea. The audio sounds like real audio now! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Harley71

Jump to solution

This worked!!! We had recently changed the audio setting to “night” mode after my son tried the leveling option on our other TLC TV. Once I turned it off the audio cane right back. 

It was so odd it happened to both TVs. You can only adjust the setting when actually watching a show. You can’t change it from the main menu. Use the * and the side bar options pop up. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mine resolved unplugging tv for about 30 sec too, will continue to monitor! 

0 Kudos
JnT

Jump to solution

@TheFoodGuy wrote:

I read somewhere that turning off the volume mode might help. I had mine set to “leveling”

I have gone through our settings menu numerous times and cannot find any volume or audio option where the word leveling even shows up.

we did have YouTube on the other day (noticed several said it started when they used it), but it was fine yesterday on Hulu.  Turned on today and exactly as this thread describes.  I tried the Pause * Unpause * and still garbled static.

Appreciative for any more tips!  TY!

0 Kudos
scooter4598
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The volume mode setting is only available while you're actually watching something. Press the asterisk ✳ on the remote to get to it.  You can turn it off from there. 

0 Kudos
JnT

Jump to solution

I finally just turned off the TV speakers setting and am using a sound bar.  Our TV is a TCL.  We have several TCL Roku TVs and this is our first problem.  

0 Kudos