Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mileh

Smart View won't connect to my Hisense 32" TV

Jump to solution

Smart View will not mirror my Android phone on my Hisense 32" TV.  The choice is there but when I choose the TV to says ot's connecting but never does.  Eventually it says to turn the TV off and back on and that doesn't fix the issue either.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart View won't connect to my Hisense 32" TV

Jump to solution

Hi, @mileh

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you've encountered with connecting your Android phone using the Smart View feature to your Roku device. We'd be happy to help. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the guides below:

How to screen mirror from an Android device

The steps below are for screen mirroring from a Samsung® Android phone. Your exact steps may vary depending on your Android phone model.

1. On your Android device, pull down the status bar and tap Smart View. You may need to swipe to find the option.
  2. Select your Roku device from the Smart View menu to start the connection
  3. Follow the instructions on your Roku device to allow screen mirroring

Additionally, you can restart your Android phone as well as your Roku streaming device and try once more. 

We hope you find this informaiton useful and address your concern.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart View won't connect to my Hisense 32" TV

Jump to solution

Hi, @mileh

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you've encountered with connecting your Android phone using the Smart View feature to your Roku device. We'd be happy to help. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the guides below:

How to screen mirror from an Android device

The steps below are for screen mirroring from a Samsung® Android phone. Your exact steps may vary depending on your Android phone model.

1. On your Android device, pull down the status bar and tap Smart View. You may need to swipe to find the option.
  2. Select your Roku device from the Smart View menu to start the connection
  3. Follow the instructions on your Roku device to allow screen mirroring

Additionally, you can restart your Android phone as well as your Roku streaming device and try once more. 

We hope you find this informaiton useful and address your concern.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos