Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggcastro
Channel Surfer

Sharp TV keeps looping

Hi Danny, I’m in the same situation as him. My Sharp TV Model CL-65Q7300U only shows the (SHARP ROKU TV) over and over in loop on the screen and never comes up.

It started yesterday after I paused a streaming on Netflix for like 30 minutes. When I got back it was like this, in loop.

Could you please help me? I already tried the hard reset pressing the button for 1 minute and it didn’t work.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
ggcastro
Channel Surfer

Re: How to get Roku model numbers for Sharp TV?

Sorry, actually I have a 65" Sharp - Roku TV:  65A6107UWR (0001)

G182901

S/N: 65G182901H01642

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sharp TV keeps looping

Hi @ggcastro,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Does the issue only occur on Netflix or all channels on your Roku device? Have you also check your wireless connection status?

As a troubleshooting step, we recommend unplugging your TV for 10-15 minutes then plugging it back in.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
ggcastro
Channel Surfer

Is there a way to escalate or call someone to talk about my issue? I posted this problem here and no answers at all in the last 3 weeks.

Is that a number I could call? I cannot watch TV for more than a month already!!

Any help is really appreciated!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ggcastro

Thanks for the post.

Did you follow the troubleshooting steps that @MaryFranco provided when she responded to your last post?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue after that, it's possible that the issue you are experiencing is related to your hardware. Have you tried contacting Sharp support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ggcastro
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny, thanks for the answer.

Yes, I followed what Mary and others from this community advised me to do in my TV as troubleshooting processes.
All the power off, remove from the power outlet, wait and turn it on again didn’t work.
The reset button pressed for 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 120 seconds didn’t work as well.
The power button pressed for 12 seconds, 15, 30, 60, and 120 seconds didn’t work also.

I just called Sharp and they said they cannot help because the TV is out of warranty. Yes, of course is out of warranty, it was purchased in 2018!!
They asked to call Roku for help because seems like it’s an OS issue, not a hardware issue.

Is that any way you could help me? The TV has less than 3 years of use. Pretty much Sharp is saying to buy a new one, which is unacceptable for me.

Any help is much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Gilberto Castro
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ggcastro

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once I have more information, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ggcastro
Channel Surfer

Thanks a lot @RokuDanny-R for all the help!!

0 Kudos
scummins

Hello @ggcastro 

I have the same model of TV and this started happening while watching Netflix. Have you found a fix for this or did you have to buy a new tv?

ggcastro
Channel Surfer

Hello @scummins

I tried multiple emails to Roku, Sharp, even 3rd party TV repair that Sharp advised me to talk to. Nothing worked. Sharp is useless, Roku is unresponsive and the TV repair shop said they don't touch on any TV older than 1 year!!

I'll try to repair it, but honestly, I don't if worth the effort. They charged me $260 to fix it, but I paid $398 less than 2 years ago. We are approaching Thanksgiving so, I expect that some deals will be nice then I'll purchase another one.

Sorry about it.

0 Kudos