Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Er37

Sharp Roku TV only Power Button Works On Remote

Jump to solution

This is complete BULL**bleep**. I bought my Sharp Roku TV from a friend and Factory Reset it so that I could add my own accounts and streaming services. The TV reset, however when the Startup/Setup comes on with "Select a Language", the remote doesn't work on the TV. When I hit the power button of the remote, the TV turns off and on! But the other buttons don't work. There are no buttons on the TV that can select anything. This is complete BULL**bleep**. Roku has no support system on the phone for troubleshooting and expects you to find the same issue from other discussions online. The only help service they provide you have TO **bleep**ING PAY FOR. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY INFUURIATING 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Only Power Button Works On Remote

Jump to solution

Hi @Er37

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

You can reach Sharp Support here.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Only Power Button Works On Remote

Jump to solution

Hi @Er37

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

You can reach Sharp Support here.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos