Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pydie

Scrolling through input cannot stop it

My tcl roku tv is stuck scrolling through input. I don’t think it’s the remote. I removed it from the room and replaced batteries problem isn’t fixed. I rest the tv on the back of the tv, the remote will not allow me to access setting, it just stays stuck on scroll. I’ve unplugged the tv for 3 days. Still the problem persists. Any suggestions ? 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Scrolling through input cannot stop it

Hi @Pydie

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
gasgamar

The OP said the problem is NOT the remote. Your reply was not helpful at all.

I have a TCL Roku with the same issue. Again, NOT the remote.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @gasgamar

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Send us details and we would like to know how we can help!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos

Hello, I have a Roku TV android TV that I bought from Walmart in 2022 a couple months ago (July). I lost the remote. So, I turned on the TV with the small power button underneath and used the power button to select the Inputs on the almost far right of the menu that pops up when clicking the power button while turned on. I did this to plug my laptop in via HDMI. I bought a new Roku remote from Walmart. However, after unplugging the TV a few times and plugging back in, when I push the power button to turn on, the TV only stays on inputs mode. There is no option on the menu from clicking the power button to return to the Home screen so I can follow the new Roku remote directions to pair the TV with remote. I tried holding down the power button for 10 seconds to see if it will reset the TV back to normal,  but it just turns the TV off and when u click the power button underneath, it still only resumes in the inputs screens with no options to get back to the normal Android home screen. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @jeremymetcalf

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos