Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vvvbrandon

Screen going black permanently

While watching Netflix my screen glitched on a frame and when trying to use the home button nothing worked, I turned off the tv and then when it turned on I can see the lcd turn on because the black screen lit up but to picture on the screen. Volume plays and you can use the remote fine but nothing shows up on the tv no matter how many times I reset.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen going black permanently

Hi @Vvvbrandon,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you are experiencing a black screen while streaming, but you can still hear sound from your Roku device.

Please refer to the following questions to better understand your issue. This will help us determine if there are any further options we can explore.

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • What is your device's OS version?
  • When did you notice the issue start?
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel while streaming or throughout the Roku platform?
  • What troubleshooting steps you have already taken to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.