Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Soundbar not Playing Sound from TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

I am hoping someone can help me. I have a #TCL Roku TV, Model 50S451. I found out that the tv will not connect via Bluetooth to my G-Boom3 speakers, so I bought a #Samsung HW-JM45 soundbar from a friend to connect it through HDMI. I connected the HDMI cable from the e-Arc port on the tv, and connected the other end to the HDMI out port on the soundbar. Then set the Soundbar to D.In. Nothing played. Tried setting soundbar to HDMI, still nothing. Then I switched the HDMI cable to HDMI in and tried again, still nothing. It is a new, out of the package 4K UltraHD cable. How can I get it to work? I tried the CEC setting, and no device found.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Samsung Soundbar not Playing Sound from TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Milamber8_Saenz!

We appreciate you reaching out for support, and we're here to help you find the best resolution so you can utilize the external soundbar you want to connect to your TCL Roku TV.

When utilizing this feature, it is important to use the right connections and cables. At the back of your TV, locate the port labeled HDMI® ARC. Be sure you are using a High-Speed HDMI® cable that supports HDMI® ARC and CEC control to connect the sound bar to your TCL Roku TV.

Furthermore, it's important to check the compatibility of your soundbar with your TCL Roku TV. We recommend contacting the support team of your soundbar model to inquire about its compatibility with your TCL Roku TV.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Samsung Soundbar not Playing Sound from TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Milamber8_Saenz!

We appreciate you reaching out for support, and we're here to help you find the best resolution so you can utilize the external soundbar you want to connect to your TCL Roku TV.

When utilizing this feature, it is important to use the right connections and cables. At the back of your TV, locate the port labeled HDMI® ARC. Be sure you are using a High-Speed HDMI® cable that supports HDMI® ARC and CEC control to connect the sound bar to your TCL Roku TV.

Furthermore, it's important to check the compatibility of your soundbar with your TCL Roku TV. We recommend contacting the support team of your soundbar model to inquire about its compatibility with your TCL Roku TV.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.