Telaran

Re: ROKU surround speakers popping

Yes, seriously! I've been having this problem for months. I've done everything suggested on these boards but it's still happening. I can see class-action coming soon. This needs to be fixed ASAP. 

Maxrx79

I agree. I just told them I returning my purchase do to this issue. It makes no sense that months go by and they still do nothing. I been telling people to avoid there tv products because of this. I'm definitely looking into a class action you know what now. Especially since we can not post that word.

0 Kudos
iblastoff
Reel Rookie

also getting this annoying popping issue. i have a streambar and 4 wireless speakers. seems completely random. happens with netflix. happens with local files. this is unacceptable.

JaxPaladin
Channel Surfer

I even hooked my apple tv to it via hdmi and nit using thr roku portion to eliminate something and it is still popping 

0 Kudos
scoutyjones2
Reel Rookie

I'm posting on Amazon under all Roku sound ars, subs and satellites, that they won't fix the recent software upgrade that causes random popping.  I suggest you all do the same. I tell them not to buy and 1 star 

0 Kudos
RobertMW
Binge Watcher

This is so sad. I had to jaw-bone them all through the month of November 2023 to finally get a downgrade to 12.0 after four weeks, which resolved the pops-of-death. It's now been three month of this fail, and Roku is still f@rting around with this.

To think that three months ago they could have put their foot on the rat's tail before it ran amok. Think of all the running-in-circles that their customers are doing and the disappointments. I'll bet dollars-to-doughnuts the techs knew what the problem was since early November, but even if they didn't, it is unforgivable that they aren't working twelve-hour shifts to get the downgrades distributed. (The phone people are probably still telling customers to do fruitless make-work exercises like factory resets, etc.)

Somewhere in the annals of busines history there are stories of Extinction-Level Events that started out as minor face-plants but ballooned into collapses due to  childlike incompetence.

Aboogie
Channel Surfer

I had my firmware rolled back a few months ago. The random pops have been replaced by silence instead. It's on all sources and streaming services. The private messages I've been sending are all generic "thanks for telling us we're working on it" with no resolution.

Best of luck to anyone who thinks they're going to host a super bowl viewing party with the speakers having these stupid issues 

0 Kudos
DensmoreJack
Reel Rookie

I’m guessing there’s still no update?

0 Kudos
ejordan525
Channel Surfer

At this point we might be waiting for Roku OS 13. We have already been waiting 4 months, what’s another 6??

0 Kudos
Electron

Roku - after almost 5 months the developers still don’t have an OS update available to resolve this? There are countless complaints, and many users have provided a load of sample data.  Unquestionably, the best way to prevent further erosion of your customer base is to begin being transparent. Tell us where you’re at in the process of resolving this, and when we might anticipate a new release being rolled out. For those that choose to revert to OS 12.0 in the meantime of a fix being available, post the instructions so we don’t all have to hassle with collecting data, PMing the support team, and explaining “yes, we’ve already tried resetting all devices and re-pairing all speakers”.

Unfortunately, one of your OS releases introduced a new bug. I believe “owning” it, and simply being transparent about what is truly being done to resolve it, will go a long way in improving the customer experience.