Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clawson65
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku tv MAC address shows wifi hardware missing

I have done everything that has been in all of the posts that I have read and my TV still don't work. How are you going to fix this for all of the people that are obviously having the same problem due to some kind of update? It obviously not a problem through our cable providers as everyone has stated. Y'all need to get this fixed for all of us asap. 

Clawson65
Binge Watcher

I am still waiting on a reply as to why my WiFi hardware is missing. This issue has nothing to do with my cable provider. I would really like to know how you are going to fix this problem. There are lots of people with this same issue that y'all need to correct. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @Clawson65.

We highly appreciate your efforts in trying to perform all of the troubleshooting methods provided. 

We could try one more step, and with your permission, we can perform a hard reset on your Roku TV. Please be informed that resetting your Roku TV will set you back to default settings, and you may need to re-link your Roku account and sign in on your channel subscriptions. Also, before doing this step, ensure you know your network connection's name and password.

Refer to our Support article to help you on How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device.

Please let us know if this makes any difference, and we'll further assist you with this. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Clawson65
Binge Watcher

I have tried the factory reset with no luck. I am willing to try whatever it takes to get my TV working again.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @Clawson65!

Try to connect your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if there are any differences.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Clawson65
Binge Watcher

I've tried that as well and still get WiFi hardware is missing error message. I'm so frustrated with this not being able to get fixed.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Clawson65,

Thanks for providing these details here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem connecting your JVC Elite Roku TV to the network. Since it is still showing an error message and the issue persists after attempting the troubleshooting steps, we highly suggest you contact the JVC customer support team to report the issue and get help. In this case, there might be an issue with the Wi-Fi hardware of the TV that may need to be addressed with an update from them.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Clawson65
Binge Watcher

Neither of you seem to be able to figure this out. Roku blames JVC and the Internet provider and JVC is blaming Roku for the problem. Somebody did something to cause this problem and no one wants to step up and fix it. It's a shame that so many people are having this same issue and no one wants to own up to the error and fix it. Now if this can't be fixed for me then both of you will lose me as a customer. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Clawson65,

Thank you for the reply!
We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Could you also provide us with the make and model of your modem or router?
  • May we also know the IP address? (www.whatismyip.com)
  • Who is your internet service provider?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Clawson65
Binge Watcher

Just checking in to see if you have found a solution to my problem. Wanted to make sure you received the information you asked for.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.