Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelissaCH
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku tv MAC address shows wifi hardware missing

I have tried all the things Liz tried with no luck.  I am thinking this needs to go in the trash. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MelissaCH,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Could you provide us with more details on the issue you are running into? What troubleshooting steps have you tried to reproduce the issue? In addition, have you tried using an Ethernet cable or an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if the same issue occurs?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Clawson65
Binge Watcher

I'm having the same issue with my JVC WiFi hardware missing and it will not connect to the Internet. Help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Clawson65.

We appreciate you for raising your network issues with us, and we'd like to gather more information first before we can provide you with an accurate resolution. 

May we first know on what Roku streaming device you are having this issue with? In addition, is this the first time you've attempted to connect your device and encountered a problem? Furthermore, refer to our Support article on How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet for further details and instructions.

We will be looking forward to your response!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Clawson65
Binge Watcher

I have a JVC 50 Elite Roku tv. I have had this TV 2 1/2 years and I have never had this issue. Its been connected to the same WiFi account and nothing has changed. My computer and phone is still connected to my WiFi. The TV worked fine on 10/18/23 but when I turned it on 10/19/23 it had no WiFi connection. I have restarted the WiFi and reset the TV still with no luck. Please help

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Clawson65,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having trouble with your Roku TV connecting through your wireless network connection. We're happy to assist you further. May we know what error message or code you are getting after trying to connect to your network? (after entering the network credentials) Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MelissaCH
Reel Rookie

Hi John,

You do realize you cannot enter network credentials when it says the Wi-Fi card is missing and you can’t reinstall it because it says it’s up-to-date so you can’t do an update. It has failed and I am assuming the only way to fix or work around it is to replace the Wi-Fi card, connect a fire stick, or buy a new TV.  Buying a new TV is probably on our list, but it will not be a Roku TV. 
Perhaps the last update y’all pushed out is the reason for this failure, since it is happening to so many people.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MelissaCH,

Thanks for keeping us posted!
We'd love to further investigate this issue that you're having with the Roku TV. Could you send us a photo of your running problem? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Clawson65
Binge Watcher

John, I am getting error 014. There have been no changes to my network or network provider. It worked one day and the next day I get this error and can not connect. Seems like thia is a current problem for a lot of people. I can't afford to buy a new TV and my TV is only 3 years old. What ever the update that was gone gas affected lots of people. Please make this right for us all and get this fixed.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Clawson65,

Thank you for keeping us updated!

We understand that being connected to your internet is really important in order for your Roku TV to work. We're happy to assist you. Please try to restart your modem and router, then restart your Roku TV by going to settings, system, power, and system restart.

You can also check out this support article here.

Please let us know if the problem still continues.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.