Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LStanley
Reel Rookie

Roku televisions are garbage!

I'll never own another Roku tv. They suck big time. No matter what you're watching if you pause it for a minute when you hit play it takes you out to the main menu then starts the Roku channel. This happens while watching Netflix, YT, Paramount and Prime. Roku customer service blames every other channel and Roku support says to check for updates. After this post Roku will email me asking if the problem is resolved and to reply within 3 days. I've replied to many of these emails that the situation isn't resolved but Roku never replies then a week or so later another email asking the same thing comes and when I've replied still no response just another email. Roku used to be a good option but now they're trash like the rest of them only about the bottom line. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku televisions are garbage!

@LStanley, if the screensaver is active, don't press Play!  It will activate whatever the screensaver is advertising.  Press ANY other button to dismiss the screensaver and then press Play to unpause the video.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.