Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam25
Reel Rookie

Roku tcl tv laptop won’t connect

I’m trying to connect my windows laptop to my TCL Roku TV build number 4176-93 and it won’t pop up on my laptop to be connected but my other roku device build number 4178-AE will connect what’s the difference? Why won’t it work?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tcl tv laptop won’t connect

Hi @Sam25,

Thanks for making your first post here in the Roku Community!

Try performing a system restart on that device by navigating to Settings>System>Power>System restart. Then try accessing it again to see if that makes a difference.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sam25
Reel Rookie

Hi, @RokuERey thank you I have done that a couple times and still won’t appear. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Sam25,

Thanks for your prompt response. In this case, we'll need to take a closer look into this. Please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Laptop device brand, model, and software version

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sam25
Reel Rookie

@RokuERey  I had called tcl support and had tried connecting through my hotspot and could connect my laptop to my tv that way and it worked but I still can’t connect with my regular wifi so I am going to try to move my tv around. If that doesn’t work I’ll just have to do my phone hotspot which isn’t very good

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Sam25,

Thanks for that insight,

I'll communicate this as well with the concerned team, and please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey  

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sam25
Reel Rookie

@RokuERey @I have moved my tv and still couldn’t connect so I will still give you the needed info. Device model 50S431, serial number X000009FKM5W, device id S02T418FK5M, software 12.5.0. Laptop information, brand gateway, model, GWTC116-2BL, version windows 10 22H2

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update @Sam25,

I have passed along this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We'll forward an update here once the information is available.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.