Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taz4468

Roku speakers no longer working with TCL Roku 43-inch TV.

Sound quit on both speakers (Model M9020X; SNs: 02633H229063 and 02633H483394), purchased 4 July 2023. Tried resetting, unplugging, pairing, following screen instruction (press home button on remote for 5 seconds), rebooted the TV and internet, etc, etc, etc. Appears that the TV no longer recognizes the speakers. Any suggestions??? 

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Roku speakers no longer working with TCL Roku 43-inch TV.

I’m going to be keeping an eye on responses to this, because I have a TCL & have been wondering about the Roku Wireless Speakers’ performance. 
The emphasis is so strong on “Roku Device” in regard to compatibility, which seems to be a hit or miss with other similar devices. As in: Roku made vs. a TCL TV, which they consider a device preloaded with Roku’s Operating System. The difference has been a problem in the past with other devices that drop connections and stop being responsive after a while. I don’t want to go through the hassle and disappointment of buying these only to have similar problems as your unfortunate situation. Thanks for posting! 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku speakers no longer working with TCL Roku 43-inch TV.

Hi @taz4468,

Greetings!

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we'd like to help resolve this issue. Since you've mentioned that your Roku wireless speakers are no longer detectable by your TCL TV, we recommend resetting your speakers. For more information regarding this, kindly refer to our support article at this link: How to factory reset your Roku wireless audio device

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.