cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pestoutwest
Reel Rookie

Roku sound bar limits access to other stuff

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku tv with the wireless speakers, (love it) thought the sound bar would be a nice addition for the sound around. But the sound bar is now the main controller and I can't access the Xbox like I could when just using the roku tv.  The 3 ooo are not available with the soundbar.  Is there a way to have the benefit of the roku sound bar but use the Roku tv for contol?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku sound bar limits access to other stuff

Jump to solution

You have roku tv remote and Roku soundbar remote, right? Stop using the Soundbar remote, just put it away and only use the roku tv remote. Its the soundbar remote that sends you to soundbar home screen instead of the tv's home screen. If you like the wifi voice remote the soundbar uses, pair it to the roku tv or buy one separately for the tv, they have them at walmart or best buy.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You have roku tv remote and Roku soundbar remote, right? Stop using the Soundbar remote, just put it away and only use the roku tv remote. Its the soundbar remote that sends you to soundbar home screen instead of the tv's home screen. If you like the wifi voice remote the soundbar uses, pair it to the roku tv or buy one separately for the tv, they have them at walmart or best buy.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Pestoutwest
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That fixed it. I had inadvertently paired the tv remote to the sound too bar so I unplugged the power to the sound bar paired paired the remote to the tv.  I did notice that if I went to use the sound bar remote that it wanted to switch back but I think I will pair that remote to the tv too. Thank you for your advice.

0 Kudos