Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku crashes when I adjust the volume

Hi @KaylaRM

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Have you tried to remove the channel > restart the Roku TV > re-install it back in? If not, we suggest giving that a shot to see if that will make a difference. Since you have multiple channels affected, you can try it on one to two apps.

If still no luck, please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bosco13jr

Same issue

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bosco13jr

Thanks for the post.

Please see @RokuKariza-D's previous post and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rhea89
Reel Rookie

Also same issue! Had the onn. RokuTV for two months bought brand new and the volume controls crash ALL my apps. It's making me regret spending 200.00 on a smart tv. So frustrating!!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Rhea89

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Please reply here with the details I asked for in my post above. Once I have the information needed, I'll be able to forward them to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

We also have the ONN Roku RV and it always crashes whether you are in Netflix Disney, ESPN, or Youtube apps. Basically as soon as you adjust the volume, it crashes to the home screen. You can then adjust the volume and restart the video. We have gotten used to it, and make fun of eachother, "aww you forgot to change the volume before you started" lol

0 Kudos
Kcrawford
Reel Rookie

Mine also is doing this! It’s so frustrating! It does it on all channels but netflix is by far the worst. I’ve tried deleting the channel and re-adding it etc and nothing works. 

Roku device model: 40H4*
-Serial number: 2N00C6463237
-Device ID: 2W348C463237

-Software OS/version: 10.5.0* build 4210-11 (says no further updates are available)

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kcrawford

Thanks for the post.

Did you make sure to remove the channel, restart the Roku device, then add the channel back again, specifically in that order?

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us the steps to reproduce as well as the tracker ID when this occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kcrawford
Reel Rookie

Yes I have tried deleting and re-adding the channel, it does not make a difference. As far as the steps to reproduce alls it takes is opening netflix and attempting to watch. If you are lucky for it to start playing as soon as you try to adjust the volume it freezes and will not replay. Sometimes it crashes but usually I just get up and unplug the tv. Where do I find the tracker ID. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Kcrawford

Thanks for the reply.

When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to get the tracker ID. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.