Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku Ultra. Volume goes all the way up or all the way down when pressing just once

I have this runaway volume increase problem too.  Please fix this. -Jeremy 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra. Volume goes all the way up or all the way down when pressing just once

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Jeremysinput!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. We'd be glad to assist you with this but will need further information first.

May we first know what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Also, when did the issue start happening? Are there any blinking lights

We suggest trying to press and hold the Back and Home button simultaneously for about 30 seconds to see if this helps.

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Chamisul
Reel Rookie

Hello, 

I've been having the same issue like what's being said here, press the volume one up or down once (one click) and it goes all the way up or down.  It was happening very consistently on my LG TV, but not on the Samsung.  I even switched remotes and it still happed on the LG TV, but not on the Samsung.  

Anyway, I tried the "hold home and back button" for 30 seconds (I saw a little battery symbol) at the top right of the TV and released the buttons.  Now the volume problem is gone and works like it should. I'll let you know if it comes back, but so far so good for 2 days now. 

Good luck, Albert Chamisul,  

JimB17

I have the same issue. I'm following. LG 65" OLED TV with Roku Ultra attached. I usually can stop the runaway volume up by using the volume down button repeatedly. Volume with run all the way down. I can then usually move to the volume I want with slow distinct presses of volume up but, sometimes if runs away high volume again. Super annoying. 

0 Kudos
darrylkain
Channel Surfer

Hi, Since I have purchased the Roku Ultra - 4802R I experience the exact same issue.  It has been going on for months. There does not appear to be a fix for this issue. Clearly a software problem. 

When will we all get a fix?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.
It seems that this issue may need an in-depth investigation. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel(s) are affected and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
darrylkain
Channel Surfer

ok, I will gather the info and send it along.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you, @darrylkain.

We'll be anticipating your response along with the complete details needed above. Once we have this information, we'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate team for further investigation.

Keep us posted!

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Phito11
Channel Surfer

Hi Carly,

I wanted to give an update on this issue.

I disconnected my Roku and replaced it with an Amazon Fire Stick which worked fine.

After a couple of weeks I reconnected the Roku and so far the issue hasn't returned I'm happy to say.

So for now it appears as if my issue is resolved.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Chamisul
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra. Volume goes all the way up or all the way down when pressing just once (Resolved)

I posted this a few weeks ago, but see some are still having the issue or have not tried the following: 

I tried the "hold home and back button" for 30 seconds (I saw a little battery symbol) at the top right of the TV and released the buttons.  Now the volume problem is gone and works like it should. I'll let you know if it comes back, but so far so good for over two weeks now.  

Good luck, Albert Chamisul,  

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.