Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrylkain
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra. Volume goes all the way up or all the way down when pressing just once

Here is the info requested, minus any code to collect when the issue occurs. The issue is intermittent and has not occured in a week. 

Also note that it does not matter which channel is being used,, we just happen to use YouTubeTv most

TV - Samsung
Model Code: QN75Q80RAFXZA
Software Version: T-MSMAKUC-1406.4, B0970101/070104, BT-S
With Sound Bar: Samsung Q80R (HDMI)

Roku Ultra
Model: 4802X - Roku Ultra
Serial number: X010005TEN73
Software version: 12.5.0 * build 4178-C2
Device ID: S0DA223TEN73

YouTube TV
Version 2.23 * build 115025058

0 Kudos
darrylkain
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra. Volume goes all the way up or all the way down when pressing just once

Another note...  The issue with volume only occurs with the Ultra. Previous use of model: 4660X2 on the same TV and soundbar did NOT have the issue.

0 Kudos
darrylkain
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra. Volume goes all the way up or all the way down when pressing just once (Resolved)

What does "hold home and back button" for 30 seconds" have anything to do with the system and volume control?

0 Kudos
Chamisul
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra. Volume goes all the way up or all the way down when pressing just once (Resolved)

Hello, 

I don't know what it does to the system, but it worked.  About 3 weeks ago in this thread (read on page 2), the community manager suggested it, I tried it and it worked.  Maybe it's some sort of calibration, who knows.   Did you try it?  

0 Kudos
darrylkain
Channel Surfer

I did not try it yet,, holding off as the issue has not occured in a couple of weeks now. Just waiting to see if it happens. 

darrylkain
Channel Surfer

The issue has returned so I grabbed this info. Since this is such an intermittent issue that many folks are dealing with -  Why are we not getting any clear feedback?  

Model: 4802X - Roku Ultra

Serial number: X010005TEN73 (SODA223TEN73)

Software version: 12.5.0 * build 4178-C2

GC version: 10.5.39

Timestamp: 2024-01-16T14:27:20Z

Issue ID: 73-002-467

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @darrylkain

Thanks for providing us with updates.

We'll forward the information you've provided and the issue you've experienced to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Also, may we know what troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve this issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
darrylkain
Channel Surfer

I have not been provided any official steps to "try"  though, I have gone through a complete reset of all equipment, including removal and reinstallation of the soundbar to the TV, reset and rebuild of the Roku Ultra configuration.  The issue always returns.

0 Kudos
SoundAdvice
Reel Rookie

Hi. I have the same problem on my 2014 ish LG TV.  I found if I tried the remote setup - but chose the remote that does not look like the one I have - but the one that has the microphone to the left of the power button - it worked ok. I didn't have much time with that set-up ( about 2 weeeks ) before I got a Sony Bravia. I set up the Sony with the CEC . I didnot have a problem till last week. The volume started jumping just 2 positions up or down. It does not do this if I use the Verizon FIOS remote or the Sony remote. The problem is definitely the roku remote itself. I suspect there is an issue with a IC on the remote - least likely the switch . Hope that helps, as ROKU seems clueless.

Lisavln

Thanks for the tip about pressing the home and back button for 30 seconds. We tried it, and so far so good. I sat here reading all these posts for the answer. Took me a few hours to investigate, but you’ve saved the day!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.