Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveWood
Binge Watcher

Roku Tv restarts every 20 minutes after the latest update

ever since my Hisense Roku tv system update 12.5.0  its been freezing and restarting approximately every 20 minutes,  it doesn't matter what input or channel app I am on,  this is getting frustrating since i am currently watching live programming and i am mission minutes of programming every 20 minutes and have to restart the input or channel app i was watching,  i also checked all channel apps to make sure they are updated to eliminate the issue,  this didn't happen before the recent 12.5.0 update.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Tv restarts every 20 minutes after the latest update

Hi @DaveWood,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. We appreciate you for flagging us about this. We'd like to take a closer look into this.

Please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DaveWood
Binge Watcher

Sorry for the delay,  we had a brief power outage that reset power on the tv, and it took several days until my issue repeated itself,  here are the readings asked for on he last three power down restarts while watching:

1st Report

Model Number Hisense 32 H4030   8215x- Roku

Serial Number YK00t5652677

Device ID R3W05T652677

Software Version 12.5.0 Build 4176-90

Tracker ID 77-446-808

GC Version 10.2.518

TimeStamp 2023-11-07T06:48:23Z

2nd report

Time Stamp 2023-11-07T22::48:03Z

Issue ID 77-447-768

3rd Report

2023-11-10T22:36:05Z

issue id 77-452-076

If I get any more info i will Append to this thread.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DaveWood,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. For the follow-up details, you can keep us posted here.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DaveWood
Binge Watcher

Too More reports  same tv so I didn't repeat the model/ serial number or software version as they have not changed.

Time stamp,2023-11-14T22:58:12z

77-457-858

Time stamp 2023-11-16T02:45:07z

77-459-525

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @DaveWood

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We appreciate your updates regarding this. For the time being, the appropriate team is currently investigating this issue. Any detailed related to this will be provided here.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.