Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasonhille
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TVs in reboot loop..

@RokuDanny-R 

I did contact support but outside of warranty, there was little remote support they could provide. They told me they thing the LED controller board seems to be bad, but that shouldn't be rebooting the main board. I told them I replaced all of the boards and the issue is still recurring. They suggested that the LED strip might be bad our faulty, but they also said that shouldn't cause the main board to reboot either.

I'm going to have to dive deep into the main boards that I have now and see if this is a power fault. I'll try to keep you informed.

0 Kudos
Thatgeekinit
Binge Watcher

I'm in warranty and I'm going to demand a replacement/repair from TCL when they call me back tomorrow. This is ridiculous.  This issue has been going on for several months with several versions of Roku and they are obviously not putting any real resources into resolving it.

0 Kudos
Bsamos

did you manage to have a solution? i have the same issue. i have replaced all boards and still rebooting. i have found out there is an output of the main processor that sends 12V to the TCON board that goes to 0V the same time the TV reboots but I dont know if its because it doesnt receive a feedback signal...

0 Kudos
jasonhille
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately, I did not find a solution to my issue and ended up abandoning the issue. My thought is that it was the LED control board which is very hard to get to. I thought it was one of the main 3 boards you find when you open the back panel but one is the power board, then the main board, and last is the LCD controller. I suspect the actual LED board is elsewhere which must be hard to get at. I can’t even find the LED backlight strip which according to documentation is at the bottom of the TV. Sorry I couldn’t be much use. Sharp needs to extend warranty or recall bad parts.

0 Kudos
Thatgeekinit
Binge Watcher

Mine was under warranty so TCL sent a technician to my house and replaced the main board. That board upgraded and activated fine.

I watched the tech and it looked pretty simple and he mentioned that the boards can be found on Ebay.

0 Kudos
lpplau
Channel Surfer

same problem as you..did you find the solution

0 Kudos
lpplau
Channel Surfer

I have the exact same problems with my Sharp Roku TV LC58q7370U. It has random blank screen problem and I unplug it overnight. Next morning it turns it back on but the lights went dim and I hurried to do a factory reset..THAT was a major mistake. Now it is stuck in the non-stop bootloop with only the dim Sharp Roku.TV logo. Powerswitch and remote cannot control it. Cant turn it off or on.

Did all the reset button no change. Changed the powerboard, TCon board, ribbon, and switched motherboard no change.

I switched with a Hisense 50 inch board (the same board as this model) and it showed the Nisense logo screen with the same boot-loop non stop. 

It is only a year and two months old. Got it from Bestbuy for some 300 bucks. Sharp repair visit will cost over a 100 just to look at it.

The firmware file cannot be found online of Roku or Sharp. Roku and Sharp or even Hisene just told me to call each of them, a run around, not my responsibility service help. They work just like the rebootloop. 

If you have this TV, can you give me the Roku model number and the serial number of its firmware. If you can give me the downloaded file, I can even pay you for it.

0 Kudos
KAMCOBILL
Channel Surfer

I have the same problem. I've tried a;; the resets I can find and have update stick in and it still is in reboot loop. I contacted Sharp first since TV under warranty and the referred me to Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KAMCOBILL

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend continuing to work with your Roku TV manufacturer to see what other troubleshooting they can provide as the issue you are experiencing may be related to a hardware issue. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jefsco
Reel Rookie

Were you able to find a solution or did you end up replacing the TV. I have the same issue with mine. Just started last night and I'm looking for a solution. Thanks

0 Kudos