Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quickie
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV won't update software

I’ve tried all the above. I tried doing the update from my phone's hotspot, my brother's hotspot, the Wi-Fi hardwired in through my router, firewall, and also directly wired into my modem. The USB method also presented me with an error. I went to the website, did the code and everything. I have also reformatted my TV and it is no longer usable for Netflix and other apps. 008 & 003...

May I also provide my TV information to get support on this please?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Quickie,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're glad that you reached out here and shared your experience about this. Please also share with us the serial number of this device, which can be found by navigating to Settings>>System>>About. We'll be able to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Quickie
Reel Rookie

Serial number : X01200MJRK4J

software version: 11.5.0 build 4235-CT

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Quickie,

Thanks for the update!

I'll share this with the appropriate Roku team for further assistance. I'll get back here with an update.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brenkars
Channel Surfer

It has been some time since I have heard from you, ROKU, since you said "you will handle this from here". I have emailed for an update and received no reply. 

Is Roku planning on fixing this problem? It appears to becoming a common problem for several users and perhaps fixing the issue would show good customer service. 

Looking back at past threads it looks as though Roku is just ignoring this issue. Unfortunately, it's not an issue that is going to go away on it's own, but your customers will. They will leave and rightfully so. 

0 Kudos
Brenkars
Channel Surfer

It is very disappointing that Roku does not honor their product. We finally had to purchase a new TV. This shouldn't happen simply because Roku can't figure out how to update the tv's to which their product is on.

Extremely poor service.

0 Kudos
Quickie
Reel Rookie

Yes, unfortunate but I bet any money that is a deep-rooted software programming issue that they won’t be able to eliminate on some models of TVs at least they have a solution they reach out to me and gave me this. Works for my TV! 

Hi there,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

We recommend holding the reset button for 30+ seconds while the TV is on, and keep holding it until the TV restarts itself and it bumps over to recovery mode (the screen will be purple and it will say recovery mode). The software update was effective on this screen.

Let us know how it goes this time.

All the best,

0 Kudos
Brenkars
Channel Surfer

Thanks, but we tried EVERYTHING lol. Nothing worked.

0 Kudos
Brenkars
Channel Surfer

I tried everything mentioned in this thread from all responses received.

I really don't care anymore. As you already read we had to purchase a new TV because Roku didn't investigate further when they said they were going to the first time. Nor did they respond to my inquiry when I asked about their investigation. I'm sure Roku is aware if there are models of tvs that their software can not be updated on. So just say so. Tell people. Put it out there. Don't leave people hanging. It's poor customer service. And if they don't know, figure it out. Figure out which models of tvs won't update and put it on the Roku website to make people aware. Good customer service. Too bad there wasn't such a thing anymore.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Brenkars,

We really do apologize for the delay in our solution to this.

Rest assured that this has been communicated with the appropriate Roku team, and I have already requested an update on this.

I'll make sure to stay informed and update you about it.

Regards,

Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.