Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agottschling
Binge Watcher

Roku TV won't apply update

My Roku TV which I've had for about 6 months has stopped receiving updates. I've been stuck on 12.0.2 build 4071-F6 and the TV keeps saying that there are no available updates. I did manage to get the TV to 12.5.0 build 4176-F6 via recovery mode, but still no luck on the normal update process to 12.5.5 or 13. Philips support wasn't any help, and tried to tell me that the TV wasn't supported on the newer version, which Roku's site debunks easily. I'm just wondering if my TV somehow got on a 'do not update' list or whatever. Could someone help me get back on track with updates? I don't really like the idea of a device in my home not staying up to date.

TV Info: Model Philips 65PUL7973/f7 -- G418X

Roku support at one point asked for an Issue ID, which I gave them of EH-113-199, but no clue if that's helpful or not

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV won't apply update

Thanks for keeping us posted, @agottschling!

We appreciate you for sharing this with us and apologize for the inconvenience it has caused.

We have taken note of the recurring issue you have experienced on your Roku TV. We will forward the details you have shared to the relevant Roku team for further investigation and will update you once we have more information from their end. In addition, please let us know if you have any speakers or a subwoofer connected to your Roku TV.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
agottschling
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV won't apply update

I've got an HDMI ARC compatible soundbar hooked up, but no roku branded speakers or subwoofer. Thanks

Edit: if you'd need my serial number or something similar, please PM me

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.