Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ziclownoleander
Reel Rookie

Roku TV will not connect to wifi after being turned off and on

I've had this Roku for two years, no problems until three days ago. 

Every time I turn the TV on, I get the not connected message in the top right corner, but when I try to go and manually connect to the internet, it gets stuck on 'wireless scan' forever, nothing pops up. The only thing that has made it work is resetting the Internet connection and then restarting the Roku. This is not a solution and I would prefer to have a functioning TV like everyone else.

I have tried resetting my router and moving it closer, this is not a wifi issue but a Roku issue.

I have TLC Model 40S325, hardware ID 8124X, software version 13.00, build 24062-48, and it was last updated 6/4/24. 

Please help, this is driving me nuts

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
dickless

Re: Roku TV will not connect to wifi after being turned off and on

Join the club. My advice to you is just get rid of the Roku because obviously its not going to get fixed.

anything Roku tells you to do to fix the problem is not going to work and they know it. What ever REAL issue is with Roku they are not talking so I think it must be a fatal error in the software that cannot be fixed otherwise it would have been fixed 3 years ago when these same identical complaints started being posted 

Do yourself a favor and wash your hands of Roku and move on to another streaming venue. I did and its not driving me nuts any longer.

0 Kudos
ziclownoleander
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV will not connect to wifi after being turned off and on

Seriously this has been a problem for three years and they won't fix it at all? That's so **bleep**ed up. I barely have enough money to pay rent let along getting a new TV, if I had known this would happen I wouldn't have bothered with this piece of garbage in the first place 😫

Thanks for your input, I'll probably just start saving for a new one and hopefully I'll be able to replace it within the year

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.