Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GadgetFlash
Reel Rookie

Roku TV volume increase or decrease by multiples of 3 only

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my TV.  TCL tv and TCL sound bar.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Volume increase or decrease by multiples of 3 only

Jump to solution

@GadgetFlash 

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that if you are using a third party audio product such as a soundbar, the reason you may be seeing this behavior is that the Roku TV may be trying to match the volume level/control of the soundbar.

For example, if the Roku TV volume control is from 1-100 and soundbar volume control is from 1-50, changing the volume control of the Roku TV would not correlate with a 1:1 change with soundbar volume.

We hope this provides clarification regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku TV.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
GadgetFlash
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was using a TCL sound bar with the ARC HDMI connection.  After unplugging the speaker and setting the sound to auto, the volume incremented by 1 either up or down.  When I plug the speaker back in using the same cable, it goes back to increments of 3 or 4.  I am going to try an optical connection to see if that works.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@GadgetFlash 

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that if you are using a third party audio product such as a soundbar, the reason you may be seeing this behavior is that the Roku TV may be trying to match the volume level/control of the soundbar.

For example, if the Roku TV volume control is from 1-100 and soundbar volume control is from 1-50, changing the volume control of the Roku TV would not correlate with a 1:1 change with soundbar volume.

We hope this provides clarification regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku TV.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joeeck

Jump to solution

Really appreciate your response to fix but it doesn't explain how you do this? Step by step or a link would be helpful 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Joeeck

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

Have you attempted to follow the instructions for configuring different surround sound options on your Roku TV that are found in the S/PDIF and ARC menu?

1. Press Home on your Roku TV remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Audio
  5. Select S/PDIF and ARC and make a selection

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to connect a surround sound system to your Roku TV

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos