Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carla4711

Re: Roku TV stuck on set up language screen and remote won't work

I have an Onn Roku and it is stuck on the language screen. I lost the remote so i tried one from the google store and it wouldn't work. Can anyone help me please.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @Carla4711

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

Here is the contact information for Onn support:

http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2
1-844-334-2355

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
tianiray
Reel Rookie

Thank you so much! I have a Sharp Roku TV and I factory reset it. It was stuck on the Language screen, couldn’t use the Roku remote to only turn on/turn off. Holding down the Back Arrow and Home button together until it flashes green got it to finally work! 

0 Kudos

How do I get my romote to work it's stuck on set up language 

tianiray
Reel Rookie

Which kind of remote do you have? If you have the remote with the voice control. Hold the back arrow and home button at the same time. You’ll see a green light flashing on the remote on the TV screen, an icon with a remote will load up on the TV and it should pair.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lavaristownsray,
Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with your Roku remote. We apologized for the inconvenience this has caused.

What type of remote are you using? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? If the remote will only control on/off but can't scroll, try resetting the remote: Remove the cover on the back of the remote and long-press the reset button that you will find near the top.

For further insight, please visit our Support page here: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kshook

I literally just bought a brand new roku express & it won't do anything except show language option It won't let me do any start up I checked batteries,did reset ect and nothing still

0 Kudos
LeShay
Channel Surfer

Did you reset the remote yet? That solved my issue. 

0 Kudos
Kshook

How do I reset remote? I reset the device & even put new batteries thinking may had sent dead batteries 

0 Kudos
Kshook

I have 3 different brands of tvs an won't work an none of my tvs So definitely not the TV 

0 Kudos