Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku TV stuck in Guest Mode

Tried everything possible 

0 Kudos

how to get rid of guest mode done everything I know possible 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@23232

Thanks for the post.

To exit Guest Mode, you can follow these steps from the Home screen:

1. Scroll and select Settings
  2. Select System
  3. Select Guest Mode
  4. Select Exit Guest Mode
  5. Enter your PIN
  6. Select OK, and confirm

For more information about using Guest Mode, visit our Support page here: Let visitors sign into your Roku with Guest Mode

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wbragg
Reel Rookie

I found a fix for this. 

1) If you using Ethernet unplug the cable.

2) press and hold the reset button for 15 Seconds (NOT 30 seconds)

It should restart and you see the Welcome Lets get started screen.

0 Kudos
gotscammed
Reel Rookie

OK.  I am embarrased but I was scammed when setting up my roku tv.  After a year of uninteruped service, my tv was stuck in Guest Mode.  I also received an email and phone number to contact.  It was the same scammers demanding more money.  After hours on the phone with roku support and Hisence support, the issue could not be resolved.  The manual reset would not work in Guest Mode. My devices did not show up being linked in my on-line roku account to turn off the Guest Mode through it.  The scammers had control of my tv.  I began to research.  I found the solution!

There is a Secret Roku Screen.  It is actually titled "Secret Screen".  To get to it, you have to press the Home Button 5 times, then the Forward Button 3 times, then the Rewind Button 2 times.  The Secret Screen comes up.  From here you can do a Factory Reset.  I also created a new roku account with a completely different email address.  When I  set-up my tvs with the factory reset, I noticed that I now had all of my devices linked to my account.

Hope this helps!

gotscammed
Reel Rookie

OK.  I am embarrased but I was scammed when setting up my roku tv.  After a year of uninteruped service, my tv was stuck in Guest Mode.  I also received an email and phone number to contact.  It was the same scammers demanding more money.  After hours on the phone with roku support and Hisence support, the issue could not be resolved.  The manual reset would not work in Guest Mode. My devices did not show up being linked in my on-line roku account to turn off the Guest Mode through it.  The scammers had control of my tv.  I began to research.  I found the solution!

There is a Secret Roku Screen.  It is actually titled "Secret Screen".  To get to it, you have to press the Home Button 5 times, then the Forward Button 3 times, then the Rewind Button 2 times.  The Secret Screen comes up.  From here you can do a Factory Reset.  I also created a new roku account with a completely different email address.  When I  set-up my tvs with the factory reset, I noticed that I now had all of my devices linked to my account.

Hope this helps!

Nanato4
Reel Rookie

Same thing here.  I will try this secret screen thing.  Hope it works!

0 Kudos
SayerSong
Channel Surfer

Work up this morning and my TV is doing the same thing. I even tried resetting my PIN and it didn’t work. And when I logged onto myroku.com it says that my account has no activated devices. And I am not being given the option to look for devices to activate or for my tv to give me an activation code. 

I tried picking a check out date and then signing out. It restarted my TV, but it immediately went back into guest mode. I’ve lost most of my channels, and can’t find the factory reset option. Help!!!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SayerSong,

We appreciate you for posting here in the Roku Community.

We'll provide you with the steps on how to turn off the Guest Mode on your Roku TV. Just follow the steps below.

Turn off Guest Mode on your Roku device

1. If needed, first complete the welcome flow to get to the Guest Mode Home screen.
  2. Select Home on your Roku remote
  3. Scroll and select Settings
  4. Select Guest Options
  5. Select Sign out and clear info
  6. Enter your Roku PIN
  7. Select OK

Turn off Guest Mode on my.roku.com

1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone
  2. Scroll down to My streaming devices & TVs
  3. Find your Roku device and select Disable Guest Mode
  4. Enter your Roku PIN and select Disable Guest Mode

If you're looking to learn more about Guest Mode, we would suggest checking out Roku's official support website. They have a comprehensive FAQ section that covers a wide range of topics related to Roku devices, including troubleshooting, setup, and more.
Here's the link to their FAQ page: How to turn Guest Mode on and off on your Roku streaming device

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SayerSong
Channel Surfer

Yeah. I tried all that. My account no longer acknowledges that I have any devices. My TV claims my PIN is invalid. I can't find a way to get my TV to acknowledge that it is connected to my account and vice versa. I even tried selecting a checkout date and then signing out, and all it did was restart back into guest mode again.

0 Kudos