Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clynch28
Reel Rookie

Roku TV remote cannot control Samsung soundbar

TCL Roku TV 7106x, Model 65S405

Serial #: YN00C4729674

Device ID: 9u500c729674

Software: 10.0.0 Build 4195-30 (checked multiple times for updates today, says this is the latest update available)

TV is connected to my soundbar via HDMI ARC. Everything was working fine until around noon EST when I could no longer control my Samsung soundbar with my roku remote and no sound was coming out. Soundbar seems to be working fine since I can play bluetooth music over it but no sounds through HDMI Arc.

I can't select any of the workaround options by going to remote setup since I dont have a remote to be setup, I Can control my TV with my remote for everything except sounds. When i click the volume button the TV seems to recognize that I'm pushing it since the status light blinks when I press vol up/down but I dont see the same happening on my soundbar anymore which used to be the case.

2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV remote cannot control Samsung soundbar

You have to have a Roku tv remote to get anything done, so when you do get one go into tv settings> system> control other devices (CEC)> click search for CEC devices> follow prompts

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Edcclub

Re: Roku TV remote cannot control Samsung soundbar

The exact same thing has happened to me. Just switched from cable to fiber provider for my 5-year old setup of 64” LG Smart TV and Samsung Soundbar. Both worked fine with my xfinity remote. 
Bought brand new Roku 4000+ with Voice control and it worked briefly on everything except Direct TV app. Now it doesn’t control any sound at all. 

0 Kudos