Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku TV issue Roku Don't Care

I have a Roku TV. A functioning Amazon Stick is plugged into it because the latest 9.3 update broke Wi-Fi. The fact that my Amazon Stick should be rock solid evidence that Roku broke their product. Not that they care. Pretty clear from their website that they're hoping people will just wander around their website until they're frustrated and give up. Mission accomplished!

I'm not buying a new one. I hate Roku now. I did my research and see that this problem is common, yet Roku blame their customers. Hello, every other device in my house works! And before update 9.3 so did Roku. I hope that TCL sever their ties with your company because you've made them look like idiots.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku Don't Care

Well, you can rant at Roku, and you have some justification. But I have to say that the majority of issues I've noticed with Roku TVs have all been the TCL brand. I have a Sharp and Insignia Roku TV that have been and are still just fine with 9.3, and all versions previous. I believe a lot of your unhappiness should be directed at TCL, not Roku. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 7

My TCL starting having issues right after the recent update and TCL support blames Roku and tells me buy a new tv

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

After the recent update there are some issues, but soon all be resolve. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yea like when? How the **bleep** did they release an update that broke everything

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@Azzamean wrote:

Yea like when? How the **bleep** did they release an update that broke everything

That's a bit of hyperbole. No release has ever broken "everything". What specific issue are you having, and what model Roku do you have?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

WHEN????? Because I am still having issues. I do not have money laying around to go and buy a new TV like your customer service rep told me to do. 

I Can't watch TV, play my playstation, stream from Netflix or Disney plus, or even watch DVD without the TV shutting off every 30 seconds. This is WRONG

0 Kudos