Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruthie2

Roku TV internet setup - but don't have remote only mobile APP. Was connected to previous wifi.

I need help, with connecting the wifi to the tv so I can use the mobile app! I lost the remote for the TV and now I switched internet and need to connect it to the internet... I only have the mobile app

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV internet setup - but don't have remote only mobile APP. Was connected to previous wifi.

Unless you can configure your Wi-Fi settings to match the last network the TV was connected to (same SSID/network name and password), you need a physical remote.  There's no way to use the app until the TV is connected to the network.  If the TV was never connected to a network or you factory reset it, you must have a physical remote.  You may be able to get a cheap universal remote or you may have one lying around from a cable box or some other device that can be programmed to work with the TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Re: Roku TV internet setup - but don't have remote only mobile APP. Was connected to previous wifi.

Roku remotes are sold in many stores like Walmart and Target, etc. for about $20; I had to buy one once when I took my Streaming Stick+ with me on vacation, got to the VRBO house and discovered I'd left the remote at home. Chatted with a Roku support rep who suggested where to go buy one, so I did and now have a spare remote.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos