Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharonepdx

What USB flash drive will fit the Roku TV 43R4A5R?

I just purchased a Roku-branded Select series TV yesterday and was intrigued to learn it has a live pause feature. Eager to try it, I ran out to purchase a flash drive, only to discover that it doesn't fit in the awkwardly-placed slot (and of course, there's only one). Has anyone else encountered this? I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious and that there's an easy fix!
UPDATE: I think we got it to work! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Re: What USB flash drive will fit the Roku TV 43R4A5R?

Seems you got it working, so good for you. Just a bit of advice from me who has played with the Live Pause from time to time; the USB sticks get really hot when plugged into the TV directly - not enough airflow. You have likely gotten a USB extension cord of some sort to plug the stick in away from the TV slot, so I'm hoping you don't run into the overheating issues I encountered. It was worst when I had an aluminum body stick, it got so hot you couldn't touch it without oven mitts.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos