Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do anyone know why a Roku TV will constantly go back to the Main Menu on its own?

Ever so often my TV will just switch back to the Main Menu on its own, no matter which app I'm watching. It does this EVERY hour. WTF? I feel I pay too much and good money for such **bleep**ty service. What can I do to possibly fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Do anyone know why a Roku TV will constantly go back to the Main Menu on its own?

Hi @Lilblkbear825,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about this issue with your streaming experience, and we'd like to know how we'll be able to get you up and running.

A few things must be noted that might be the reason for the issue:

• If your TV or Roku streaming devices are not getting enough power, it may cause unnecessary behavior. Check that the power cord is securely plugged in, and try plugging it into a different outlet. You may also want to try using a different power cord and restarting the device entirely.
  • We also recommend checking for a system update; this will help your device run the latest version. Try navigating it from Settings>System>>System update>Check now.
  • A system restart will also help clear the cache on the system. Go to Settings>System>Power>System Restart.
  • Lastly, we might recommend restarting your network from Settings>Advanced system settings>Network connection reset. This will help your devices run smoothly.

If the issue persists even after the troubleshooting options have been taken, update this thread so that we'll be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Coffeeluvinrn64
Reel Rookie

Re: Do anyone know why a Roku TV will constantly go back to the Main Menu on its own?

Mine is doing the exact same thing, I chatted with customer service this afternoon twice, they couldn't figure it out as well. It's so frustrating to pay for this service and they aren't able to fix it!!! Please if anyone knows how to fix it let me know

0 Kudos
Bbbssw

My two Tv’s do the same thing and I tell you its not a power cord or rest! Don't WORK’ also my two tv’s now will not connect to my wifi! I tried reseting to factory, restart, and unplugging! Nothing! All my other devices work fine on my internet! These tvs just started doing this in the last 6 months to a year. Watching a movie and boom closes out the app and goes to main menu. 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Coffeeluvinrn64 @Bbbssw

Thank you for Posting here in Roku Community!

May we know if the issue happen on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels? We would also recommend that you try to unplug the TV for about 10-15 minutes then plug it back in to see if issue still persists. 

Keep us posted!

Thanks

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WTF7

Why does FSTV start and automatically stop? I tried all the recommended solutions and the problem persists! 

We purchased the Roku stick to get FSTV.

0 Kudos
gcruz1948

Thanks for the tips to correct this problem. 

0 Kudos