Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blosb_88
Reel Rookie

Roku TV high pitched screech noise

So I got a new Roku TV Select Series and 10 minutes after I power off the tv, it makes a very annoying high pitched screeching noise. It goes away when I turn it on and if I turn it back off it comes back after about 10 minutes. It’s giving me headaches and I can’t fall asleep because it is so loud. I definitely know it’s from the TV. I unplugged it and it went away too I just want the problem fixed that’s all.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV high pitched screech noise

Hi, @Blosb_88 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused as we understand that you having a sound issue with your Roku TV. Rest assured that we will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. When did this issue first start occurring? Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device? Did you make any changes to your Roku device Settings recently?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Blosb_88
Reel Rookie

Thanks for replying. This problem occurred first yesterday. It’s a new tv. The sound only starts about 10 minutes after the tv is turned off. Before that it’s completely silent. When the tv is on, no noise. It’s only noisy when it’s off. I haven’t made any changes to the setting other than a system update.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Blosb_88,

Could you tell us what Roku TV is? Is this a Roku-manufactured TV or a Roku-partner TV like Hisense, TCL, etc.?

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Blosb_88
Reel Rookie

It looks like it’s Roku manufactured. It has no other brand on it.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Blosb_88,

Thanks for the update!

Could you share with us the current software version of this device? This can be found by navigating from Home>>Settings>>System>>About.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Blosb_88
Reel Rookie

Ok the software version says 12.5.0 . Build 4177-ET

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Blosb_88,

Sorry for the late response, and thanks for the update!

We'll share this with our Support team for further investigation and I also sent you a PM for more information.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.