Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TV disconnects from WiFi after shut off

I own an onn. Roku TV. Recently I’ve been experiencing a problem with it. Every time I shut the TV off it disconnects from WiFi and when I try to reconnect, it gets stuck searching for a network. The only way I can reconnect is to reset my network settings, and this happens every single time I turn the TV off. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV disconnects from WiFi after shut off

Hi, @Armoniously 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you've encountered an issue with your Roku TV specifically with its network connection that disconnects from the Wi-Fi after being shut off, and we're here to assist. This issue is currently under investigation, and our team would like to gather more details.

To assist us in investigating this matter further, please provide the following information (if possible):

• Internet Service Provider (ISP): Who do you get your internet service from (e.g., Xfinity, Spectrum)?
  • Router/Modem Brand & Model: What brand and specific model of router and modem do you have?
  • Roku Device Details:
    • Model (e.g., Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K)
    • Serial Number
    • Device ID
    • Software OS/Version (You can find this information under Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID: When the connection drops, press the Home button 5 times followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. This will generate a Tracker ID. Please provide this number if possible.

The information we gather will be helpful in the investigation.

We anticipate your response in this regard.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.