Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beefpatty
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV can’t stay connected to Internet

Same issue as everyone else. Need to connect every time I turn my TV on.

Its lame. I shouldn't have strayed from the popular brands. Doesn't have the steam app, no Bluetooth sound and can't stay connected to the network. Its a nice TV! But just isn't all there software-side.

Its gonna be another piece of junk i never use and got a feeling there wont be updates to fix it.

naugahead

I have the same problem.  Never had these problems with prime, but with Roku it's like there's a lockout at some point where everything has to be rebooted or it won't work.  Nothing more frustrating!  Love the interface, hate the technology!  I do this on one device or another on a daily basis.

0 Kudos
Evil_Poptart
Reel Rookie

I can watch mine for 2 or so hours, then it just disconnects and I have to reboot my TV, even though it's showing excellent signal... and then it starts the battle of having to reboot every 20 min or so. Had my TV about 2 years without issue until a month ago and I cannot find a solution. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Evil_Poptart

Thanks for the post.

We would be happy to look further into this issue for you. When did you start seeing this issue occur?

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CWTV

I have the same problem and Roku always just tells me it’s my internet or to reboot the system. Never works, best option is to not purchase Roku products anymore.

0 Kudos
hrtrader

5 smart TV's in my house.  One Roku TV.

All other TV's and WiFi devices connect and work flawlessly. 

I unplugged WiFi modem and Roku TV.

Plugged both back in.

On TV, went to settings and and Set Up Connection.

It asked, "We need assistance in connecting your TV.  Where are you?"

"I am at a hotel or dormitory?"

"I am at home?"    Home

Wireless Connection     Check

Internet Connection      Check

Network Name              MOTO1566

Status                            Connected

Connection Type           Wireless

Signal Strength             Excellent

Wireless channel           11

IP address                     192.168.206.2

Web wireless address   D4:AB:CD:B7:XX:XX

After 5 seconds, the Status changes to not connected !

What else do I do?  What could be the cause other than the "ROKU".

Same thing with my Hisense smart TV in the Philippines. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@hrtrader

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried changing the wireless channel on your router to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheT91

It’s not just the TVs I have the same problem with the Roku device which is connected to a Samsung smart TV. The TV stays connected constantly and the device continuously disconnects. They are literally in the same room, in the same spot, and about 15ft from my Internet router.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @TheT91

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
leojayden

Thanks for your kind response. But I tried the links but all in vain the links are discussing something differently which are not related to our main issue.

0 Kudos