Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DadOf4
Channel Surfer

Re: No password given in dorm wireless connection

Same problem, have used it for years now moved. Running latest software update.

20 out of 20 attempts, no network name given and no pw given, but DIRECT-roku-3FFD5C shows up every time as a wifi option.

Will connect to mobile hotspot fine.

SN 1RE421075045

Software version 11.0.0

Build 4195-06

Model 2720X

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DadOf4
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-Rcan we get help?

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @DadOf4

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding Hotel & Dorm connect feature: How do I use Hotel & Dorm Connect to connect to the internet?

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
DadOf4
Channel Surfer

@RokuKarla 

That article describes how it should work, but doesn't help this situation when the Roku is malfunctioning. 

The Roku is not displaying a password on the TV, so I cannot connect to my phone in order to set up the internet connection.

Any solutions?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DadOf4

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Is the Roku TV you are using already been activated? What kind of wireless network are you trying to access?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DadOf4
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

RV Resort wifi, requires same login info as a hotel. Our other 3 Roku devices connect perfectly using the hotel or dorm option at this same location.

Activated Roku device. 

Same problem as everyone else on this thread, have used it for years but now moved. Running latest software update.

For 20 out of 20 attempts, the TV screen shows no network name or PW using the hotel/dorm login option but DIRECT-roku-3FFD5C shows up every time as a wifi option. Cannot connect to DIRECT-roku-3FFD5C wothout the correct password. 

It will connect to my phone mobile hotspot fine.

SN 1RE421075045

Software version 11.0.0

Build 4195-06

Model 2720X

0 Kudos

Express 4K+ Hotel Connection issues

I have the Roku Express 4K+, model: 3941x, software version: 11.5.0 build: 4312-CR. It says agent support is not available for my device. I have activated the device, signed in, and updated all software. When I choose the network and then select the option that I am at a hotel or dorm, it displays the screen saying to use my phone or laptop to connect to the DIRECT-roku network generated by the Roku device. The network is not appearing on any devices i attempt to do this with. I have used 3 different phones, my laptop, and my friends tablet. The network will not appear on any of them. How can I fix this because i cannot use hotspot continuously. This error needs to be solved, as at this point this purchase has been a waste of money

0 Kudos
DadOf4
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R

Any solution yet?

0 Kudos