Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bp123

Roku TV and Bose QuietComfort 35

Jump to solution

Until recently, my Roku TCL Model 55R617 and Bose QC 35 headphones connected to give me a great audio/visual experience in a noisy environment. 
Now they no longer connect and headphones are not shown as a compatible audio devise. It appears I lost this in a software update. 
In one Roku post I read that I must add a Roku soundbar or wireless speakers (which I have no use for) to connect with headphones. 
How to fix?  All I want are the capabilities that were available when I purchased the TV.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV and Bose QuietComfort 35

Jump to solution

Hi, @Bp123 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information regarding the connection between your Roku TV and a wireless headphone, and we'd be more than glad to assist you in setting this up once more. For this issue, we recommend performing a series of troubleshooting steps to get you back on track in listening to the wireless headphones.

Use the steps below to pair your headphones:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Wireless headphones
  5. Select Add new wireless headphones
  6. Turn on your Bluetooth headphones and put them in pairing mode
  7. Wait while your Roku device scans for Bluetooth headphones. This can take up to 30 seconds.
  8. Select your Bluetooth headphones from the list of available devices
  • Note: The Wireless headphones menu option will only appear on a compatible Roku device.

Connect Headphones

Use the following steps to connect your headphones in the Settings menu:

1. Press Home 

on your Roku remote
  5. Select your headphones
  6. Select Connect

If you are already playing content and need to connect headphones, use these instructions instead:

1. Press Star on the Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Wireless headphones
  3. Select your headphones
  4. Select Connect

Once you've performed all the steps above, kindly check if you're successfully connected. Let us know on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV and Bose QuietComfort 35

Jump to solution

Hi, @Bp123 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information regarding the connection between your Roku TV and a wireless headphone, and we'd be more than glad to assist you in setting this up once more. For this issue, we recommend performing a series of troubleshooting steps to get you back on track in listening to the wireless headphones.

Use the steps below to pair your headphones:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  5. Select Add new wireless headphones
  6. Turn on your Bluetooth headphones and put them in pairing mode
  7. Wait while your Roku device scans for Bluetooth headphones. This can take up to 30 seconds.
  8. Select your Bluetooth headphones from the list of available devices
  • Note: The Wireless headphones menu option will only appear on a compatible Roku device.

Connect Headphones

Use the following steps to connect your headphones in the Settings menu:

1. Press Home 

on your Roku remote
  5. Select your headphones
  6. Select Connect

If you are already playing content and need to connect headphones, use these instructions instead:

1. Press Star on the Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Wireless headphones
  3. Select your headphones
  4. Select Connect

Once you've performed all the steps above, kindly check if you're successfully connected. Let us know on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.