Roku TV Wireless Soundbar 2023

Jump to solution

Hi, I have a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar 2023 and was able to connect it to my Roku TV, but when I turn off my TV, the soundbar stays on. I want to turn off the soundbar because yesterday when I got home, the soundbar was making a weird sound (like a constant high pitch tone). I had to unplug it to make it stop but was gone when I plugged it back in. the soundbar did not come with a remote of its own and the button in the back only resets it. any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV Wireless Soundbar 2023

Jump to solution

Hello! @bradsplexflix,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku Streambar. We're pleased to assist.

Is it connected to the HDMI port labeled ARC? For an easier setup and use of your Streambar, we suggest using the HDMI port labeled ARC on your TV. This single connection sends video from your Streambar to your TV and audio from your TV.

Is ARC and CEC enabled on your TV? When your compatible TV initially detects your Streambar on the ARC port, it automatically enables both CEC and ARC. If you disable these HDMI features after your Streambar is set up, you can always return to the settings menu to enable ARC and CEC.

If you continue to hear the audio issue, try powering off your TV and test again after it powers back on. If the audio issue only occurs when sound is coming from your Roku TV Wireless Soundbar, try these steps below.

Check for a software update

Use the steps below to check for a software update for your Roku host device and wireless soundbar.

1. Press Home on your TV remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select System update
  5. Select Check now

Your TV will download and install any software updates and restart automatically when finished. For more information, read about updating the software on your TV.

Restart your TV and wireless soundbar

To restart your TV and wireless soundbar, unplug the power cables from both, or follow the instructions below.

Roku TV

• Press Home on your TV remote
  • Scroll and select Settings
  • Select System
  • Select Power
  • Select System restart

Roku TV Wireless Soundbar

• Press and release the Reset button on the back of the soundbar

Please keep us posted on what you find out. We will be happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV Wireless Soundbar 2023

Jump to solution

Hello! @bradsplexflix,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku Streambar. We're pleased to assist.

Is it connected to the HDMI port labeled ARC? For an easier setup and use of your Streambar, we suggest using the HDMI port labeled ARC on your TV. This single connection sends video from your Streambar to your TV and audio from your TV.

Is ARC and CEC enabled on your TV? When your compatible TV initially detects your Streambar on the ARC port, it automatically enables both CEC and ARC. If you disable these HDMI features after your Streambar is set up, you can always return to the settings menu to enable ARC and CEC.

If you continue to hear the audio issue, try powering off your TV and test again after it powers back on. If the audio issue only occurs when sound is coming from your Roku TV Wireless Soundbar, try these steps below.

Check for a software update

Use the steps below to check for a software update for your Roku host device and wireless soundbar.

1. Press Home on your TV remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select System update
  5. Select Check now

Your TV will download and install any software updates and restart automatically when finished. For more information, read about updating the software on your TV.

Restart your TV and wireless soundbar

To restart your TV and wireless soundbar, unplug the power cables from both, or follow the instructions below.

Roku TV

• Press Home on your TV remote
  • Scroll and select Settings
  • Select System
  • Select Power
  • Select System restart

Roku TV Wireless Soundbar

• Press and release the Reset button on the back of the soundbar

Please keep us posted on what you find out. We will be happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.