Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcm619
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV - Viewing Computer on HDMI Input - HDR Playback Dark

Amazing service! I inboxed him my problem and TV serial # #and 5hrs later on a Saturday even he pushed out an update that fixed my Windows 10 HDR problem on my 55r615. Problem solved, i'm stoked. TY RokuTannerD

i

0 Kudos
Frank13
Reel Rookie

Same issue, 55P605, 9.2 /4129.  Thank goodness I found this forum.  Sent Tanner a PM.  Hope we get this fixed.  Had to turn off HDR in windows just to see anything...…...

0 Kudos
steeljacket488
Reel Rookie

They will fix it, they are working on it now.

@Frank13 wrote:

Same issue, 55P605, 9.2 /4129.  Thank goodness I found this forum.  Sent Tanner a PM.  Hope we get this fixed.  Had to turn off HDR in windows just to see anything...…...

0 Kudos
dcm619
Reel Rookie

He will get back to you don't worry. Tomorrow is Sunday but probably by Monday. Some of the best service I have ever had. He pushed an update, it fixed my problem and now im good. 

Playing Fallen Jedi in breathtaking HDR on my TCL and its awesome. Tanner thanks again!

0 Kudos
Frank13
Reel Rookie

All good after latest update!  THANKS!

0 Kudos
botan1982
Channel Surfer

I would also like to receive an update, I wrote about a partial solution to the problem , but this only helps when watching movies, but I would like to play games with HDR on my computer, I sent my data, again in private messages.

0 Kudos
Ninbri64

Hey any updates with this? It's now May 2020 and my tv is still on 9.2 and HDR pc gaming is still broken. How do I get 9.1 or when will an update be released? My tv is R615 v9.2 build 4502

0 Kudos
budafuko

roku tvs work horrible for playing games. idk what it is but its not input lag. i get screen flickers and actual game lag that doesn't appear on other monitors. i am disappointed and disgusted that they do not make drivers for their products. it installs as "generic pnp monitor" and no matter how far and wide i search on the internet there is no roku made or user made drivers i can use

0 Kudos
Harvini
Roku Guru

I have no idea whether this will help, for sure, but based on the possible sidetracking of your media stream by Roku's software so it can be identified, and information sold to advertisers, check the following:

Go to Settings > Privacy > advertising > limit ad tracking  (check box to ON)

Again,  Settings > Privacy > Smart TV experience >  (uncheck use info from TV inputs;  uncheck Enable auto notifications)

The rationale behind this is that these settings sidetrack your media material stream to provide Roku with saleable information.  If the under powered CPU in your TV isn't working on this junk, it might actually be able to keep up with your actual media stream.

Let us all know how this w

0 Kudos

Go into the Nvidia settings and under change resolution change the Output Color Depth from 8 bpc to 12 bpc. This should solve your problem.

0 Kudos