Now the "Hysteria" starts... 😋
Okay, after lots of playing and experimenting I've come up with a temporary solution I think. By No means do I think the guide issue is fixed or closed though. I would like to see the Roku Guide load channel info as it did before.
I call this the FDG solution "Force the **bleep** Guide. 🙀 I'll explain this in the exact way that I have been performing it. You may be able to start loading from any channel and it might work the same. IDK... I do know the channel I chose as well as the channels clustered around it seem to load info at a better rate.
1) I turned to the Rakuten Vicky channel, I think it's 380 or 382.
2) I open the guide to "All Channels" and scroll forward until I am at "No Information" showing on that channel. I keep scrolling until all the channels below Rakuten Vicky you can see on the page also show "No Information" as well.
3) Once the entire page is showing "No Information" start scrolling through all the channel categories using the rewind button "<<" By the time I got to the 4th or 5th page my channels began to load. You will have to scroll through all the categories because they are loading randomly. Once you are back into "All Channels" Continue scrolling until you get to the end or the first channel as the case may be since you're going backward. You basically end up scrolling through "All Channels" 1 and 1/2 times I guess. I did this because I noticed a few channels at the top of the list were not loaded yet.
4) Close your guide and then reopen it.... You should see a bit more of your guide info for all channels showing. 😁
You can actually scroll a full day or so and get the same results with this method with more info showing for a longer time. The only fluke I've noticed doing that is that about an hour gets missed somewhere down the line. Today is March 8th, I was able to load the Roku Guide up to March 12. I just performed this technique at 24 hour increments.
1) Once you exit Roku Live Steam or turn your TV off, the extra guide info will be gone when you come back.
2) If you try to load too many days at once doing this technique, the guide will probably lock up. You can exit out of the guide to the channel you are on, but when bringing the guide back up will, it will still be locked. You have to exit Roku Live TV and Restart it. I imagine it's just trying to populate too much info at once. I was able to load up to 4 or 5 days. I had the guide lock up when I was loading 6 or 7 days at a time. Basically trying to load info up to March 14.
If you're going to turn your TV off anyway, 1 or 2 days is probably all you need until we get a real fix. Anyway, Good Luck. I hope this works for others. 😁