Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris68
Streaming Star

Roku TV Guide not updating Streaming Channel Info

I think this issue started with the last software update. The Roku TV guide used to give about a weeks worth of info for all of the various streaming channels. Now my Roku 55 inch TV might give 2-4 hours of info on all channels and then it shows No Info. The only way to refresh the No info on the channels after you reach that time slot is to exit live TV and restart it, you'll then see 2-4 more hours updated. Some channels may show 4-6 hours at times, but definitely not even a full day.

I didn't care for all the extra categories added some time back because it appears to add lag. All channels or favorites were fine, especially when it would lock on the favorites category. The only other difference I have noticed on the guide now is the "On Demand Channels" and "Promoted Channels." The On Demand Channels if chosen will lock the TV to that channel. You can do nothing but visit the Roku TV page to change the channel. The on-board guide can not be brought up. The Promoted Channels are just advertising for channels listed elsewhere in the guide. Both are just annoyances in my opinion.

I've restarted the TV multiple times a day as well as software updates with no luck. Ive also re-scanned channels a few times which is annoying because it re-adds all the channels that were hidden every time. I know the guide is a minor issue, but I do tend to go through days at a time to see if I can catch a movie or show at a different time. Hopefully someone might have dealt with and come across a fix. I appreciate any thoughts and thanks in advance. 😎

47 REPLIES 47
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: Roku TV Guide not updating Sreaming Channel Info

Yep, same issue here, and it's very frustrating, as is having all my Favorites suddenly vanish!  Forcing me to have one-by-one, re-register every channel that had been in the list. Plus, the Recents list is never, ever accurate!

0 Kudos
ajgaddis72

I noticed on last Thursday 2/16/2023 that I couldn't watch Fox 5 Atlanta news it was showing fox raw news. This is crazy and Tuesday 2/21/23 it was back up now today 2/23 it just keep playing the start up screen saying fox 5 news will be right back. Soooo annoying I watch the news before starting my day and to catch up later in the day. What can be done to get the news I like back up

0 Kudos
Chris68
Streaming Star

Yes, I have noticed that favorites tend to drop from the list as well as channels just being auto hid or unhidden. And no, the Recents never populate in the list for me either. As I mentioned in another post I never really use favorites anyway though.

The main issue I have with favorites is that the category doesn't lock. So when you pull up the guide again you are automatically viewing all channels. So you have to go to favorites and search from the beginning of your list instead of starting at the channel you are on. Not a big problem if you only have 10 or so channels as favorites I guess. I have 120-150 or so and many happen to be in clusters. I would love to have Roku's Channel menu structured like the Plex app. It has the same categories that Roku does and several more. However if you choose favorites, it locks your choice and a big bonus is being able to move channels in the order you choose within favorites. That change is on my Christmas wish list. 😁 

Chris68
Streaming Star

Re: Roku TV Guide not updating Streaming Channel Info

I have only noticed one channel where the guide info is always totally wrong and that is the AMC channel that plays movies. When I was getting guide info, most of the channels I view were usually correct. 😁

Incidentally, I noticed while checking software updates today, there was a "Channels Update" included. I assumed it might be for the streaming channels but it did nothing for my issue with only getting a few hours of guide info for every channel before I had to reset the TV to get a few more hours on the guide. I'll keep knocking on wood.... 😉😁

Moat
Streaming Star

Yes - I too am experiencing the exact same issue as Chris; the Channel Guide is no longer (automatically) updating & populating the information columns beyond just a few hours - showing nothing on any channel strip but "No information" after the TV has been on for a few hours. In order to re-populate the guide's information, one has to exit to Home, select "Live TV" and "OK", which as mentioned only adds information going forward again for just a few hours (where previously the information carried forward for many hours/days/infinitely, which was far, far better).

This seems to be a bug that was introduced with the update that reverted the channel icons back to the original, far superior icons without the disruptive backgrounds (a great fix BTW, thank you!).

Who knows if this "No information" change is somehow intentional or a true "bug", but it's a bad, bad change regardless!

In addition to this bug, scrolling the channel guide vertically often "stutters" or is very jerky - another "bug" that, too, seemed to arrive around the same time as the icon fix update. My suspicion is that this bug is related to the OS somehow struggling to populate the channel guide in the background OR it may have to do with it trying to figure out where to place the "Promoted" BS in amongst the guide UI elements.

One step forward... two steps back... 😣

I have checked for software updates and cleared the cache (press home 5 times, etc...) to no avail.

TLC 43S432 - ID; C133X - S/N; X00000AWK2AX - Software Version; 11.5.0 • build 4312-93

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding the Roku TV Guide not updating.

We appreciate you patience while we investigated the issue. We believe this issue should now be resolved. At this time, we would recommend checking to see if you are still experiencing an issue with the Roku TV Guide and keeping us posted if you are still seeing the issue occur.

We look forward to hearing your responses.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Why So Many Incorrect Program Listings?

Why, why, why is it really so impossible for the programs and movies listed in the on-screen guide to be accurately shown?? I know Roku will say that's all on the providers, and while that may be true, you would think Roku would inform those channels who's program information is too often wrong, they need to get their act together!  It's not rocket science for a company to post an accurate schedule of the shows they are providing. This is incredibly frustrating, and completely unprofessional & unacceptable. Is no one accountable? 

If one of my band members is playing out of tune, would I be correct in doing nothing about it, because, hey, it's on him, I just hired him?  But if it's my band with my name out there, the fact that it's not me being out of tune, doesn't relieve me of all responsibility, for my band sounding like **bleep**!
And so Roku just because your contracted providers submit their schedules, if they're always wrong, tell them to get it together, or don't keep carrying them!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@RokuDanny-R  No, the issue is still happening, all of them...

Chris68
Streaming Star

StevenCee is correct, Nothing has been fixed. 😞