Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TV Audio Delay on YTTV

Jump to solution

I recently replaced my TCL Roku TV with a Hisense Roku TV. I have two Roku speakers and a Roku subwoofer. I now have audio delay / lip sync issues (audio is ahead of visual) on YouTube TV app only. I don't not have this issue on Netflix or other channels/apps. I did not have this issue on the old TCL Roku TV with the same speakers/subwoofers.  What gives?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Audio Delay on YTTV

Jump to solution

@HerbieMan3B 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to YouTub TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the YouTube TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Audio Delay on YTTV

Jump to solution

@HerbieMan3B 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to YouTub TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the YouTube TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: Roku TV Audio Delay on YTTV

Jump to solution

FYI: Someone recently said they couldn't fix a YouTube problem without removing both YouTube & YouTubeTV. Then go to home>settings>system>power to restart the tv. Add the app(s) back.

There's a lot of people having lipsync issues, but not just with yttv. Someone said disabling any sound settings can help. I.e., press "*" and look at the sound mode. Should be normal. If the tv is adjusting the sound for something special like "voice" or "leveling" it might slow the tv.

If it's new, I would be sure not to let the return window run out. 

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
PB03
Binge Watcher

Audio Delay on hisense roku 55in

Jump to solution

We purchased a 55" Hisense A6 Series 4K Ultra HD TV (55U6GR). We immediately noticed the same issue so many have reported to ROKU and the community. The sound from the TV audio outputs do not sync with the TV speakers. We did research and find a great many folks reporting about a 100ms - 200ms delay in any attached sound device (sound bar, speakers, head set, etc.) Theres seems to be no way to correct this issue, and thus all we can only use in the tv speakers. This seems to be an issue with ROKU. We called the dealer, and were told that the sound sync issue is the most frequent complaint they hear about ROKU TVs. They gave us 30 days to return.  The on board speakers, as has been reported, appear to be the only audio in sync. The headset output, the ARC HDMI, the optical audio output, all are not in sync with the built in speakers, and thus there is a sync issue, and an echo. There does not appear to be a way to bring all audio outputs into sync. This also appears to be well reported, and a very common issue with ROKU tvs. Before we take up the return offer from the dealer, we are wondering if ROKU is doing anything to correct this issue? Why is this a ROKU issue in the first place?  Thank you.

MrMojoRisin
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio Delay on hisense roku 55in

Jump to solution

Exact same problem here also which is why I looking at your post 🙂

I love ROKU TV's but I'm returning the #Hisense and getting a different brand

Shame cause I got a great deal...now I know why

My 55" TCL ROKU did great for 7 years till one panel darkened

So glad that you researched and passed it along

Many thanks

0 Kudos
PB03
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

But no answers.  The sound from the TV audio outputs do not sync with the TV speakers. We did research and find a great many folks reporting about a 100ms - 200ms delay in any attached sound device (sound bar, speakers, head set, etc.)  We called the dealer, and were told that the sound sync issue is the most frequent complaint they hear about ROKU TVs. The on board speakers, as has been reported, appear to be the only audio in sync. The headset output, the ARC HDMI, the optical audio output, all are not in sync with the built in speakers, and thus there is a sync issue, and an echo. There does not appear to be a way to bring all audio outputs into sync. This also appears to be well reported, and a very common issue with ROKU tvs. wondering if ROKU is doing anything to correct this issue? Why is this a ROKU issue in the first place?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
MrMojoRisin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My TCL did fine in all aspects. Perhaps it is just Hisense?

Being a layman, there must be an issue with too much resistance in the circuitry that feeds the HDMI ports, perhaps not enough voltage for power to overcome the cables/sound bar resistance? Obviously, it is a more direct path to the built-in speakers than AUX speakers.

HMM, in order to achieve the same desired volume level with the Hisense vs the TCL I have to raise the volume level to 15-17 whereas the TCL was down around 10-13

My time delay seem to get progressively worse with time.

Is is a bummer and a hassle.

0 Kudos

FIXED (TV-speaker) audio delay from streaming services

Jump to solution

To fix (internal TV-speaker) audio delay from streaming services:

While watching your content, press (*) on the remote.

Go to <sound settings>

Turn 'sound mode' to "standard".

Turn off any volume leveling or "volume mode".

It'll be immediately obvious if this method worked.

Always, if you're having any audio/video quality issue, start by disabling post-processing features.

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
0 Kudos