Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbelsole
Channel Surfer

Roku TCL TV making too many calls to scribe.logs.roku.com

My Roku TCL TV is making too many calls to scribe.logs.roku.com. More than any other streaming service. This is causing my TV to be slow. When I started blocking these calls everything started loading a lot faster and Hulu did not ask me to login every time I started the app. Consider looking into this as I will not start sending logs until this is resolved.

72 REPLIES 72

Re: Roku TCL TV making too many calls to scribe.logs.roku.com

i have the same problem

20200314_0903_14.png

Scottt1174
Roku Guru

Maybe I am retarded but what the **bleep** are call logs? I have a TCL Roku TV. Are you using a Browser on your Roku? I am confused here. Can you explain? Thanks

0 Kudos
cbelsole
Channel Surfer

These are likely user tracking events to help them know our interactions and make the software better. Think "<user id> opens a channel app", "<user id> watches particular show", or "<x> error happened when user did <y>." This is pretty standard in creating applications because you don't have to rely on users to tell you what they are doing in order to improve your product or fix things that go wrong.

bjd223
Binge Watcher

That and they can sell this information to other companies for profit.

WTFrokoo

Came here to ask about this. WTF Roku. 

rahilpathan
Reel Rookie

Still an issue, Can this be disabled from Roku settings? Like Opt-out from telemetry?

Mudhog

Buy a Raspberry Pi... Install pihole! 

cbelsole
Channel Surfer

@rahilpathan wrote:

Still an issue, Can this be disabled from Roku settings? Like Opt-out from telemetry?

This has not been resolved. Afaik there is no way to opt out.

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

It just occurred to me: is this related to using an "enhanced" voice remote? Is it recording audio all the time? (The hostname "scribe" sounds unusual. Like "transcribe?"). 

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos