Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joannlotito14
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TCL TV insanely dim/dark screen

Jump to solution

Check what mode your tv is on in settings I had mine on vivid & tv went very dark I went in and change it to movie & or normal and it worked 

0 Kudos
Booweezy89

Jump to solution

You guys won’t believe me but it works. Found a video on YouTube and I’m thinking this can’t work but it does. Smack the back of the TV on both sides like how we use to with  the old box tvs. My tv lit up like normal 💯

magas

Jump to solution

Go to Roku settings display type and set the resolution  to 1080. That’s all man

0 Kudos
Ozi420

Re: Roku TCL TV insanelysame dim/dark screen

Jump to solution

I left it unpluged over night still dará

0 Kudos
Ozi420

Jump to solution

Did you fixed your problem 🤔🤔

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ozi420

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Mannynrose

Jump to solution

I had the same issue with no answers any where. So i went to settings then system then restart and when the tv restarted itself all was working as it should, picture was restored. Hope this helps everyone struggling with this. 

0 Kudos
Gelinho12

Jump to solution

I turned off the Roku TV, unplugged it, plugged it in again, turned it on and it was back to normal.  This was after trying the following without success.

1. Turning off & on

2. Resetting TV audio/picture settings (instead of Factory reset)

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I had this issue on my Apple TV 4K today. 
After trying every suggestion I could find online and nothing working… 

I decided to try going into my Apple TV settings, navigating to “Audio and Video” and changing my format from “4K HDR” @ 60hz to “4K SDR” @ 60hz. It worked like a charm! 

Hope this helps someone else. 

scottyl

Jump to solution

Drove me nuts!

Turn off TV.

Unplug and count to 10.

Plug back in.

This seems to work on everything else and kit worked here too!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.