Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ach87

Roku Surround Sound with Older Roku TV?

Hi all, 

I searched the forum, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for. 

Last year, I bought my dad a TCL Roku TV 55S431. I'm looking at options to improve the audio (pops has hearing damage from the military, and the built-in speakers get super harsh at high volume). I see that there is now a standalone wireless soundbar that is compatible. I also see that you can add additional wireless speakers for 4.1 surround if you have a "Plus Series" TV. I'm pretty sure this model was released before the "Plus" and "Select" lines were established. I'm having trouble finding whether I can use the Roku wireless surround with this set. I'd rather not pay the premium for the Streambar since I don't need the streaming capability. 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Surround Sound with Older Roku TV?

Hi @ach87

Thanks for posting here in Roku Community. 

If you wish to set up a non-Roku surround sound system for your Roku TV, we recommend you visit our support page. This article provides more details about each surround sound connection and explains how you can get the best performance with your Roku TV: Connect surround sound to your Roku TV

With Roku audio devices, you can easily add surround sound without the hassle of wires and the complicated setup typical of most surround sound systems. This article provides more details about each Roku audio device, describes what you need to get started, and helps you achieve a successful setup: How to set up a Roku surround sound system

Hope this help. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos