Re: Roku Streambar speakers with crackling sound

No Fix.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BBuckles05,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having problems with the Roku streambar. Help is here. We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dfrancis99
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same problem 

Model: 9102%

IC: 5959A-R1035

FCC ID: TC2-R1038

SN: B1 10A3025518

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dfrancis99,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community, and we appreciate you reporting with us the issue going on with your Roku Streambar.

We'd like to see more of what's going on here and see how we can get you up and running.

Could you share with us when you started seeing the issue occur? Does a simple restart fix the issue?

Tell us more about this so that we'll be able to take a closer look at it.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dfrancis99
Reel Rookie

It started Thursday night while watching Hulu. I thought it was part of the show but when it wouldn’t go away I tried a different app and it was the same, a crackling sound as if the speaker on the right side was blown. I did a restart, changed out arc cable and HDMI cable but had the same result. The crackle isn’t as noticeable with normal television like the nightly news but when a show or movie with bass or louder noises, it’s very loud.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dfrancis99,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We appreciate you for providing the additional information and rest assured that we'll help you out with the issue you've encountered. Kindly be informed that we have passed along your information and concern to the Support team, who'll reach out and assist you further. We recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be contacting you from there.

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sonious

I also have been having the same issue and I believe it is a over heating issue, I would turn off my Roku Streambar and let it cool down, then start it up and the issue was gone for a hour or so, and then it would start up again, sound cutting out and crackling in the speakers. Now today the wi-fi cut out complacently, despite having a excellent connection, So I believe it is a overheating issue of the Streambar it self. I have it sitting on top of its box to get the most air flow, its only a year and a half old and the problem started 3 or 4 months ago, progressively getting worse, most likely the hardware getting cooking for its over heating

0 Kudos
AugieM
Binge Watcher

Not in my case, crackling sound starts right away when the sound has any bass.
This will start as soon as I turn the Streambar on.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sonious,

Greetings and welcome here in the Roku Community!

Thank you that you've brought this up to our attention, and we would like to know more about this to see how we can assist. Is this audio issue happening when trying to stream a particular channel, or does this happen when playing any audio throughout the Roku platform?

In addition, we'd like to know your Roku Streambar device information, such as Device ID, Serial Number, Model Number, and OS version. All these can be found in Settings > System > About.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We're sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. This is not what we aim for every Roku streamer. We would like to ask for a video demonstrating the crackling sound. In addition, may we know if your Streambar is properly hooked to the appropriate port?

Please provide us with the information that was asked for by @RokuTakashi. It would be more helpful for us to look into the issue.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated this time. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos