Hankfree

Roku Streambar no display output

Jump to solution

I connected a new Roku Streambar to my new tv but it won’t display the setup screen. I plugged in the Roku to the power outlet, and to the TV’s HDMI ARC port. I can hear the Roku when I press buttons and the TV automatically switches it to the correct input when I do. The TV and the Roku are working together, I made sure my TV’s HMDI-CEC settings were turned on. I even bought a different, nicer HDMI cord to make sure and it is still not displaying. It automatically switches to whether input I have the HDMI cord plugged into, but after a few seconds of a black screen it says there is no signal detected. The Roku is flashing orange. Please help!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar no display output

Jump to solution

Welcome, @Hankfree.

Thanks for coming by in the Roku Community!

We understand you encountered unexpected behavior with your Roku Streambar while setting up. Have no doubt that we will help you sort this thing out so you can start streaming now. 

Please ensure that your Roku player is directly connected to the TV. If it is currently connected to an audio/video receiver (AVR) or soundbar, we recommend disconnecting it and establishing a direct connection to the TV. This step will help eliminate potential AVR or soundbar issues, facilitating a more streamlined troubleshooting process.

Here is a video on troubleshooting a streaming player that isn't displaying pictures on your TV screen:

Additionally, if the issue is unresolved after watching the video above, follow the steps below for further troubleshooting. 

1. There is a problem with the TV.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with the TV's connector.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  2. There is a problem with the USB power adaptor, or the adaptor does not meet the requirements.
    • Your Roku player may not receive enough power, even if the power light is on. This happens sometimes if you connect your Roku player through a third-party device with a USB/AC power adaptor that does not meet more recent USB standards. Try a different power adaptor, or plug your Roku player directly into a power source. For more information, learn what to do if the red light is flashing or you see a "low-power" warning.
  3. If all else fails…

Disconnect and reconnect all cables, including the power cable.

Check out here for more tips on troubleshooting your Roku Streambar. 

We hope this information helps resolve your problem. Let us know if you need more assistance. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar no display output

Jump to solution

Welcome, @Hankfree.

Thanks for coming by in the Roku Community!

We understand you encountered unexpected behavior with your Roku Streambar while setting up. Have no doubt that we will help you sort this thing out so you can start streaming now. 

Please ensure that your Roku player is directly connected to the TV. If it is currently connected to an audio/video receiver (AVR) or soundbar, we recommend disconnecting it and establishing a direct connection to the TV. This step will help eliminate potential AVR or soundbar issues, facilitating a more streamlined troubleshooting process.

Here is a video on troubleshooting a streaming player that isn't displaying pictures on your TV screen:

Additionally, if the issue is unresolved after watching the video above, follow the steps below for further troubleshooting. 

1. There is a problem with the TV.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with the TV's connector.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  2. There is a problem with the USB power adaptor, or the adaptor does not meet the requirements.
    • Your Roku player may not receive enough power, even if the power light is on. This happens sometimes if you connect your Roku player through a third-party device with a USB/AC power adaptor that does not meet more recent USB standards. Try a different power adaptor, or plug your Roku player directly into a power source. For more information, learn what to do if the red light is flashing or you see a "low-power" warning.
  3. If all else fails…

Disconnect and reconnect all cables, including the power cable.

Check out here for more tips on troubleshooting your Roku Streambar. 

We hope this information helps resolve your problem. Let us know if you need more assistance. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.