thikku

Roku Streambar Sound issues

Hi, I have been having problems with my Roku stream bar since I purchased it over two years ago. Initially the audio would just freeze on a particular point in the show, and I would have to listen to the very last sound, repeat, over and over and over again until I restarted it. Other times, the audio would just go mute and I would have to restart it. However, over time I realized that if I just waited a little bit, the audio would come back on at and I could just continue watching without restarting. I do not know how, But the freezing issue seems to have resolved itself however from time to time I will still have the audio go silent so I just wait.

However, now a new problem has risen. When I am watching a show on various Streaming apps, the screen will just go to black and then revert back to the homepage. I personally think that my Roku Streambar is a defective product. And now that I have been reading everybody else’s problems, I’m thinking that it is just an overall Roku quality issue. For the time being, I am willing to put up with these annoyances, but once it gets to be too much, I think I might be done with Roku, unless they decide to fix this. #ROKU STREAMBAR AUDIO VIDEO FREEZING STREAMING ISSUES

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Sound issues

Hi @thikku,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing with the Roku streambar. Is this happening on all contents or channels? May we know what the current software version of your Roku streambar is?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
alanunc

Re: Roku Streambar Sound issues

I know what you mean.  I bought the streambar and it worked really well for about 2 weeks.  Then the sound went out. I plugged it into 3 other receivers I had and still  nothing.  I am on my 2ed one and in less than 2 weeks, the same.  I am going to contact Roku and see what they say.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.