Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanman202
Channel Surfer

Re: Streambar Audio Static Issues

Here is the information you asked for. I'll repeat this again due to the 140 character requirement. Here is the information you asked for:

The serial # is YLOOHE308047

Device ID: 2A1OCH308047

0 Kudos
tjb42

Re: Bass Distortion on Streambar, plus, lower volume from the right side speaker

Hello, I’m having the same issue described by many others where there is significant bass distortion, specifically from the right side.  It sounds like a speaker is blown.  Details of my unit below:

model: 9102R

s/n: YL00CF042854

Software; version 10.0.0 build 4209-95

device is: 2A109C042854

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Streambar Audio Static Issues

@sanman202

Appreciate the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Bass Distortion on Streambar, plus, lower volume from the right side speaker

Hey @tjb42

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed them along to our Support team to assist you further. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your emails since they will be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ellisphotos
Reel Rookie

Re: Muffled Audio on Roku streambar

I'm having a similar issue but intermittent. The sound muffled for 15-30 seconds then comes back. This happens regardless of what I'm watching.

Interested if there is a solution at hand.

Richard

0 Kudos
PiersGaviston
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar Static - unresolved

Sorry if this is a duplicate post.  I just want to get through to customer service. 

I purchased my Streambar August 26 2021 from Amazon, and it worked fine for just over a month.  Around the beginning of October, we started getting a background static, which within 2 days worsened into completely choppy audio, with constant dropouts. This occurs on all of about 10 different channels. I have connected both direct Ethernet cable and wirelessly.  No difference. 

Of course this was just past the Amazon 30-day return window.

We accessed numerous posts on this board, it actually seems to be a known issue. Over a couple weeks time, we troubleshot this constantly.  Tried the dozens of suggested fixes including factory reset (twice), upgrading HDMI cable, power surge protection, etc.  The only action that had any impact was on the resets.  After each reset it would seem fine for a day, then it would again progress from static to fully distorted.  

Several posts on the Soundbar Static thread talked about contacting Customer Support.  But I have not been able to find a link directly to CS without posting this new, and hoping someone responds. 

I am fond of the Roku brand.  I have had 3 different devices between mine and those I set up for my parents.  I want a resolution to this.  Due to the number of posts, this does seem to be a chronic issue, and Roku should provide accommodations to this.  This StreamBar is not just a 20-buck set-top box that I would write off and toss if it went bad.  

Model SKU# 9102R

SN: 2A10C7060376

UPC: 8 29610 00402 0 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Muffled Audio on Roku streambar

@Ellisphotos

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried switching out the HDMI cable used to connect your Roku Streambar, as well as using another HDMI port on your TV to see if you are still seeing the issue occur?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maktar
Channel Surfer

I also just starting experiencing this about 2 weeks ago while I was still on software version 10.0. I was hoping the update to 10.5 would solve it but it appears this is a speaker quality issue not software since it happens in more than one app and the update had no effect on the distortion.

• 9102R – Roku Streambar
  • 2A109G799779
  • YL00G3799779
  • 10.5.0 BUILD 4191-95
  • Tracker ID 79-431-965

Steps to reproduce, launch Prime Video (I’ve also experienced it in Vudu and HBO Max) and find any movie with heavy bass (I tried Avengers: Endgame for purposes of the tracker but also found it in many other movies), turn on Bass Boost or even set bass to Normal, turn Volume up to at least 16/17 then be disappointed in your less than a year old Streambar.

0 Kudos

Re: Sound distortion & static

Well, my roku updated it software and the distortion is worse! No roku solutions and wasted investment in the wireless speakers. I am too disappointed for words.

20211027_181608.jpg

0 Kudos
imr00t

Re: Sound distortion & static

I'm also having the same issue. I've changed the settings, replaced the HDMI cable,  updated, etc.  Nothing has worked. IMG-1538.jpg

0 Kudos